Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I tend to get very annoyed when looking for a multi grind area and 1 or 2 people almost always have 2 or more npc's.

Whatever benefit that could be argued for having them < An actual good member to the multi party.

People that wish to play with full groups of npc's should really play in a locked party.

I'll only do the "NPC Party" thing when doing certain quests. Otherwise, I leave my party open to anyone who wishes to join (unless I'm partying with my bros).

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    Most of the time, I'm doing matter board quests or client orders, so having an NPC team works better for me since real players usually just wanna fart around in a free mission. I hate to say it, but I play the game to get things done on my character quick and efficiently, and that's usually the best way to do it. People are nice, and helping is fun in this game with all the client orders, so the chances are always big they gain something out of it too.

It sounds kinda dumb, but I probably won't start partying with people until I'm done with all the matter board quests and client orders that aren't repeatable. And by then, I'll be capped at 40. I guess by that point, playing with real people will be my only motivation to keep me playing. lol
    Nah, really the best way is to socialize with people and simply ask them if they wanna come along. I mean if they do, of course it's all about your objectives so they'll just follow what you do anyways.

Another thing you may wanna do just in case you expect people to join, is to be as clear as possible when titling your game. I always call my games, "no mindless grind" or "no rushing" and add description how I do play which is mostly based around exploring and killing everything that comes in the way.

The missions are spread so expecting 3 people to join immadiatly is maybe farfetched, but catching at least one person in the lobby can change the experience alot.

I never, never use NPC's

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    Nah, really the best way is to socialize with people and simply ask them if they wanna come along. I mean if they do, of course it's all about your objectives so they'll just follow what you do anyways.

Another thing you may wanna do just in case you expect people to join, is to be as clear as possible when titling your game. I always call my games, "no mindless grind" or "no rushing" and add description how I do play which is mostly based around exploring and killing everything that comes in the way.

The missions are spread so expecting 3 people to join immadiatly is maybe farfetched, but catching at least one person in the lobby can change the experience alot.

I never, never use NPC's
    Or....I could just use my NPCs and avoid all that hassle to begin with. Not saying I dislike people. I just don't wanna be bothered to tell people what I wanna do all the time. Now once all my objectives are done? Sure, I'll play with people. Because by then, I can just go with the flow and help contribute during the fights.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

how many topics about this are we going to have?

i'm too low leveled for my team and frands so i'm forced to solo until i'm up there with them. i leave my parties open but no one really joins unless it's an emergency mission.

whatever. don't care that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ellu View Post
    I tend to get very annoyed when looking for a multi grind area and 1 or 2 people almost always have 2 or more npc's.

Whatever benefit that could be argued for having them < An actual good member to the multi party.

People that wish to play with full groups of npc's should really play in a locked party.
    Well, when we start having 'good' members join our teams, maybe it will be a different story. At this point 9/10 if I don't bring NPC's no one joins anyway, or if they do, they wander around as someone said earlier. I'm always nice to whoever is in the party, but honestly effective teamwork has been rare. At least with the NPC's I know what I'm getting.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 | Ship 2
    The Ginyu Force
    Lyric

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rashiid View Post
    So NPCs are more than just meatshields / healbots this time?
    lol that haven't changed at least when fighting bosses that is. Killing hinchmen they're great but fighting bosses they're meatshields and sometimes healbots.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    Or....I could just use my NPCs and avoid all that hassle to begin with. Not saying I dislike people. I just don't wanna be bothered to tell people what I wanna do all the time. Now once all my objectives are done? Sure, I'll play with people. Because by then, I can just go with the flow and help contribute during the fights.
    I just wish for other people to experience the same great experience I do. I don't play MMORPG's where mechanics don't encourage people partying, whihc is one of the reasons why I almost left pso2. Pso1 was very easy in this because everyone could do anything at anytime. In pso2 that is not the case. Content is wide and spread.

All you really do is say, 'can you join me with this mission'? People almost always say yes in my case. Plus really PSO2 in my opinion has such an amazing city that is fun to hang out with anyway. People are always chillin and jokin around. One that doesn't have social disorders will defenitly make enough friends eventually.

Seriously there have been missions as of late around the late content in hard, that I can't solo anymore. NPC's are useless at bosses so you can't always count on them. At one point you have to "play the game"

Don't take it the wrong way, i'm not trying to be a smartass :P. My intentions are pure

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iroquois Pliskin View Post
    and this is why Japanese players get more/longer cross bursts than we do.
    The japanese are usually the ones filled with NPCs.

Is there different between partying with NPC AI and Friends partner AI?