Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

How do i run as admin on pso2updater?
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

If you are running Windows Vista or newer, then the game does it automatically (there is something in the executable itself which causes Windows to always ask you if you want to do this.) If you are running Windows XP, then just use an administrator account.

Yeah, im on Windows 7 and it seems like iīm a admin.
    But the file just wonīt give me permission so i donīt know what to do.

Then if you get the dimmed out version of what is on your monitors at the moment with a window asking "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" with the program name as PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 and stuff. As soon as you press the yes button, it runs with full admin rights.
    Anyway, this whole problem isn't a matter of permissions in the general case. Most people are reading the general error message and assuming that it has something to do with the NTFS permissions. To verify this, go to the PSO2 directory, find the files pso2.exe, pso2launcher.exe, pso2updater.exe and pso2download.exe and check for yourself. If you right click on these files in Explorer and go to the security tab, check to see if the all important Users and Administrators groups are there. If they are then this isn't about permissions.
    To try and fix this, you can first go to (My) Documents, find the SEGA directory and rename it, then try to run the launcher again. This has helped some. If that doesn't work, find the links to the executables in this thread for the launcer, and replace the files in your pso2 directory with those files.
    Of course, in the case that it does happen to be the NTFS permissions, I wrote how to modify them in another thread. I'll find that and link it here soon. But it isn't a general solution. If the permissions are already there, going through it will not fix anything.

Ok, my post is http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...7&postcount=26 but remember, only do this if you check the permissions and find that the Users and Administrators groups are missing from the list.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Jul 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Ok, i tried that method and it seemed like the lock dissapeared but as soon as i update.
    The settings on that file seemed to revert again to whatever it was before and got a lock on again. >.>

Edit: Okay now i replaced all pso2 exe, launcher and update with some from the other threads zip.
    Seems to be working now, but i canīt login. :S Gets error like 640 and 200 something.
    Last edited by darkante; Jul 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    Edit: Okay now i replaced all pso2 exe, launcher and update with some from the other threads zip.
    Seems to be working now, but i canīt login. :S Gets error like 640 and 200 something.
    640 is the client out of date error. Is your version 1.0004.1? It is in the bottom right of the main title screen. If it isn't then the files you got are out of date. (I'm sure there were some up to date ones in this thread.)
    Well, I know that http://nyaanyaa.ath.cx/stuff/pso2/pso2.zip are up to date versions.
    Oh yea, just a quick question too, do you know what your system locale is set to? (This is Language for Non Unicode Programs). I'm starting to get a bit of an idea as to where the problem may be now.
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Jul 20, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Language? I got Swedish, but i got the game working now.
    Although i had too change the rights on the PSO2 file this time while having the launcher on and then updating from there on the third blue button.

But yeah, i could use a better solution

I'm actually starting to see a pattern in this. The people who seem to be having the most problems are the mainland Europeans where the alphabets contain accented latin characters (or maybe Latin America). While the game is mainly Unicode, the updater itself uses the non Unicode versions of the functions to deal with security and such.
    Of course, the only real solution that I could suggest right now involves changing the system locale to either English or Japanese right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    I'm actually starting to see a pattern in this. The people who seem to be having the most problems are the mainland Europeans where the alphabets contain accented latin characters (or maybe Latin America). While the game is mainly Unicode, the updater itself uses the non Unicode versions of the functions to deal with security and such.
    Of course, the only real solution that I could suggest right now involves changing the system locale to either English or Japanese right now.
    It really makes sense indeed, i'm from Brazil and i'm having this problem too. Solved it using DarK-SuN's patched .exe, but in the future i'm going to try changing the system locale and see how it goes.

Very nice observation, Ana-Chan =D.

Hmm, if that's the problem then i don't mind the english switch.