Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Normal Dragon Boss?

I honestly don't know which forum thing this is supposed to go but lately, I have been getting my butt kicked by the Dragon Boss. Not the long-necked one but the main dragon one, I think it's called Vol Dragon? But anyways, I could really use some help fighting it. I know most people would be like, "Grind your way to the appropriate level and then fight it." But honestly, I just want to get past the caves and just continue on in the levels. I was hoping if some generous people could party up with me and help me slay the beast? The IGN's Nano-Chan and i'm in Ship 02 Block 10. Please help!
    Friend: "wp? who's wp?"
    Me: "That means well played"
    ------------------------------
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AngryCosmonauts

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Grind your way up to it? That's not the answer at all! The correct answer is to solo it until you learn all its patterns, then dodge its attacks while giving it paper cuts until it falls! Dragon kind of has a problem, though. It has an instant kill attack that it does if you don't break its tail fast enough.

Take a force with you that knows how to freeze it's feet to the ground, that helps a lot imo, and break it's horn and tail for more drops, there's a third thingy you can break on its back, but it can be kinda hard to reach+^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Grind your way up to it? That's not the answer at all! The correct answer is to solo it until you learn all its patterns, then dodge its attacks while giving it paper cuts until it falls! Dragon kind of has a problem, though. It has an instant kill attack that it does if you don't break its tail fast enough.
    Well, hunters can cheese it just by blocking. Then it goes from insta-kill to 50 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    lol my first time playing against it solo, It insta-kill me immediately so I joined a party who was already at the and did the run again right after really fast. I dont think i've fought him since lol
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

first time i faced that dragon was on a solo mission with a player card. i was so determined to beat it and took me around 3 tries, in the end i learned its pattern and learned how to 'just guard' its attacks and was pretty easy to solo. I was lvl 18 at the time. do the same!

Id love to help u. Give me a time est and ill gladly help u slay this monster. Names Eclipsesole. Ill b waiting just pm me.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Protip. He can't aim his fireball attack straight down, so the safest place to be when he's about to use it is right below him.

You say you don't want to "grind to the appropriate level to fight it" what level are you?

Default Nvm

Nevermind, somehow solo'd it because i'm that BA. > Thanks for all the suggestions though!
    Friend: "wp? who's wp?"
    Me: "That means well played"
    ------------------------------
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/AngryCosmonauts

Well congrats then. :3