Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

AR is so funny to play, as long as I aiming one enemy it's not that bad compared to Launcher but when it comes to kill group of mobs... well the only fast way is to use Launcher. AR's the only aoe PA has similar dmg to normal Launcher attack... not to mention that Launcher's PAs are much stronger than any AR's . AR is good only for bosses and bigger enemies.
    SEGA should buff AR a bit because it's really demotivating whe I see a force spamming for 1k with aoe when I do about 300 aoe dmg with AR-.- .

Oooor you could use different weapons for different situations.

If this game ever has a class with one single weapon that's the best at everything, I can tell you one class I won't be playing (the one that's basically restricted to a single weapon in order to perform its best).

Quote Originally Posted by Leman View Post
    AR is so funny to play, as long as I aiming one enemy it's not that bad compared to Launcher but when it comes to kill group of mobs... well the only fast way is to use Launcher. AR's the only aoe PA has similar dmg to normal Launcher attack... not to mention that Launcher's PAs are much stronger than any AR's . AR is good only for bosses and bigger enemies.
    SEGA should buff AR a bit because it's really demotivating whe I see a force spamming for 1k with aoe when I do about 300 aoe dmg with AR-.- .
    I can't speak for other forces, but I get preeeeetty darn jealous seeing rangers getting such easy free damage with an AR on bosses. Besides, just switch to the launcher whenever you come across mobs. Sticking to only a single weapon sounds pretty counter-productive in my opinion =x
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    I've been wondering for a while, are hunters really able to do that and I've been doing something wrong all this time? Somehow I find that hard to believe.
    To be honest, it depends how big the enemy's hit-box is..
    I know forces and rangers have an easy time hitting those hit-boxes. Never played hunter so I wouldn't be so sure of how easy they can hit the weakspots.
    Last edited by Coatl; Jul 20, 2012 at 11:20 PM.

Launchers don't replace rifles anymore than rifles do launchers; they both have their uses, and not just for Weak Shot. And Thrillsplosion is better than either of them in certain circumstances, so there's that, too.

Launcher's the most overall useful weapon, though, but that's only because the majority of your time is spent dealing with trash enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yexes View Post
    Some retards tried telling me a Assault Rifle does more DPS and can do 5-6k dmg with weakening bullet. I told them switch weapons, and then did a trollface symbol art.
    I can hit 3k damage on an assault rifle with Weak Bullet. It can happen.

But yeah, doing boss with a launcher is relatively stupid if you ask me.
    Last edited by Alenoir; Jul 21, 2012 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Enemies in this game are made up of a collection of hitboxes. The head's hitbox merely takes extra damage, and rangers can target it with ease. Try hitting a rockbear in the face with your sword, then the foot. You should notice a fairly different average of damage on each point.
    Yeah, bosses with heads as their weak spots are obvious, but I've been hitting normal ennemies for... well forty levels I guess. And I never noticed huge damage spikes when hitting heads like I could with rangers.
    Really, even without aiming for the head, I've killed so many ennemies... how could I miss that?
    I'll be paying more attention to this, thanks for the tip.

>Vashyron
    Well, it really depends on the way you look at thing. Yes, bosses/sub bosses are the main challenge of this game, but exp, gear and money mainly come from codes and cross bursts attempts. And launcher is the absolute best when it comes to farming areas in attemps to get those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tianren View Post
    Get back to me when Launchers can do this.

?PSO2?????Ra?????Part2??????? - YouTube
    How does this even work? I have to normal attack to apply the weakening bullet then I get the long ass cooldown.

ok SO the argument with switch to launcher from rifle needs to stop lol, so what you get like 3-4 shots in because you only use 1 weak bullet? when you switch weapons weak bullet stacks come off, so yes you do much much more dps with rifles due to the multiple use of weak bullet, end of discussion. I'm tired of seeing people use launchers on bosses, it is so ineffective, stop being greedy for 1 shot of higher damage and actually help your party kill the boss even quicker by making use of 4 weak bullets (also for those who don't go full weak bullet the last bullet lasts longer and takes more damage to make it go away), trust me they will love you much more. /thread.
    Last edited by MelancholyWitch; Jul 21, 2012 at 03:52 AM.
    PSO 2 Chararcters:
    Sniper Wolf- RA/HUnewearl main PHnewearl (current)Ship 02 (CBT participant)

Proud leader of Newearls Luv PP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Yeah, bosses with heads as their weak spots are obvious, but I've been hitting normal ennemies for... well forty levels I guess. And I never noticed huge damage spikes when hitting heads like I could with rangers.
    Really, even without aiming for the head, I've killed so many ennemies... how could I miss that?
    I'll be paying more attention to this, thanks for the tip.
    The problem here is that hunters don't even do 50% more damage to heads, while rangers can easily do over 200% more damage