Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    What is this?

Why is "gamer" and "hardcore gamer" such a good word or a compliment or something people used to describe a game that basically fits their preference?

If you wanna go that far saying "real gamer"

I'd say you'd have to be a "REAL GAMER," to even have the PATIENCE to sit through final fantasy 13, without getting mentally sick from having to deal with the horrible characters. Which is ironic that the game focuses so hard on it's story and cutscenes when none of the characters are like-able.

So I'd say that's some "real gamer" shit right there...
    Just ignore him the casual vs hardcore thing is just all round dumb. If they keep remaking ff4-6 the hardcore crowd would be complaining they are all the same like with cod.

I would put ff13 and its sequel in the hardcore box if i had too.They are huge timesinks if you want 100% completion.

Developers and publishers go where the money is. If people are buying simple games you are gonna get a load of crap copycats. Same with complex "hardcore" games.

At least they got some DLC for Theatrhythm out of versus
    Last edited by .Rusty.; Jul 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    Final Fantasy XV? Can't they just give the series a rest? The last time we had GOOD FF game was 6. 9 wasn't bad but after that it was all god awful. I played and beat FF7 a few times but I still say it as one of the worst. As for FF8 and 10, they both should have been left on the drawing board. 12 was pretty bad too. 13 was nothing but one long and boring cut scene.

I mean, come on. The series is Final FANTASY, not Final Science Fiction. Bring back the good old days of FF 1-6. These days it's like trying to milk a dead cow.
    A lot of people talk like you re: FF. But does classic repetitive game play really make a good game?

I, like a previous poster before me, will say Final Fantasy X was the best FF... pretty easily.

FFX-2 was also pretty decent, though the story line a bit cheesy.

FFXIII-2 was a great game which fixed many problems of FFXIII... Problem with FFXIII-2 is the length of the game and the middle finger for the ending.

If they give us FFXIII-3 with more of the same as FFXIII-2 and a proper ending, day one purchase for me.

Sidenote: I'm really looking forward to Versus XIII.

Just ignore him the casual vs hardcore thing is just all round dumb.
    I think it's an important issue , of course they'll go were the money is, and that is the casual as hardcore's are now a minority.

Hardcare or "real gamer" = amount of time put into the hobby of video games, increases skill etc. etc.

Pro golfer = top golfers spend more time on the links, therefor their stroke is better, they have more knowledge of the holes to be played, a great example would be a fps game, a great player knows the map, gun ranges, etc etc, why? more time

its important, i play guitar, im good(natural talent(heehee)) but there are players who do shit that id like, I can but i play alot of games atm and school work, Im good enough to do my kind of music, the things they do, like sweeping really fast, i dont really need that, everything is just about how much time you put into it...

the thing is, that people love to say "its just a game", something an older generation who couldn't grasp the concept of video games beat into your head...

anyways im glad versus is still on!

Quote Originally Posted by Meevs View Post
    I think it's an important issue , of course they'll go were the money is, and that is the casual as hardcore's are now a minority.

Hardcare or "real gamer" = amount of time put into the hobby of video games, increases skill etc. etc.

Pro golfer = top golfers spend more time on the links, therefor their stroke is better, they have more knowledge of the holes to be played, a great example would be a fps game, a great player knows the map, gun ranges, etc etc, why? more time

its important, i play guitar, im good(natural talent(heehee)) but there are players who do shit that id like, I can but i play alot of games atm and school work, Im good enough to do my kind of music, the things they do, like sweeping really fast, i dont really need that, everything is just about how much time you put into it...

the thing is, that people love to say "its just a game", something an older generation who couldn't grasp the concept of video games beat into your head...

anyways im glad versus is still on!
    So basically, hardcore gamers are those who spend a ton of time playing games that are skill-based.

Congratulations, you've just confirmed that Bejeweled-playing housewives are more hardcore than you.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that FF versus was gonna get a release date at the Japan TGS.

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Quote Originally Posted by Meevs View Post
    This part is pretty funny considering "its just a game" is is the reaction you usually get from hardcore gamers when someone points out racism, sexism etc in games.

The whole softcore vs hardcore thing just seems silly because at its core its just a identity based on what you buy.

IGN are saying the game is not cancelled
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/2...-not-cancelled
    Last edited by .Rusty.; Jul 24, 2012 at 05:14 PM.

So basically, hardcore gamers are those who spend a ton of time playing games that are skill-based.

Congratulations, you've just confirmed that Bejeweled-playing housewives are more hardcore than you.
    Why can't housewives be good or hardcore at Bejeweled?

This part is pretty funny considering "its just a game" is is the reaction you usually get from hardcore gamers when someone points out racism, sexism etc in games.

The whole softcore vs hardcore thing just seems silly because at its core its just a identity based on what you buy.
    LoL, good point, I'm sure that's said, but the meaning behind it is that it's not real, its virtual, logical people don't steal 5 cars a day, parachute off buildings, or jump around for no reason,. It's still a hobby or something you do, like martial arts, boxing, and gun tournaments, etc.

I don;t always save the world. But when I do, I side jump to victory.

This rumor was debunked today by Yoichi Wada for those that want the source:

https://twitter.com/yoichiw/status/227628674780909568

Thats cool, but he now he has me excited for XV >.> just image SEs final fantasy teams art direction and story telling in a world like skyrim