Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The PS3 and 360 versions were canceled during the Alpha period

The game is only going to be on Smartphones, Vita and PC. This has been a confirmed fact for awhile now.

It could never run on the 3DS....

Quote Originally Posted by DARKWINGDARA View Post
    i'm fairly certain the smartphone/vita releases will be independent from the PC servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgrey666 View Post
    Nope Vita works with PC servers.

Smartphone is all by itself though and technically isn't the same game, it will have many limitations.
    From what i looked up, PC, Vita, Android/Apple(Ipod Touch, Iphone, Ipad) are all connected, it is to allow people to play say on their PC then if they have to travel and have access to the net then they can continue to play on any of those platforms if they have one or more then one.

Well that is my take on what i read off of their Japanese site.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbao93 View Post
    PS Vita. Only because of what it is capable of on the system, and it has a great amount of features. While Vita is a very powerful device, I would always play on PC, plus, I don't have a reliable source... But everyone keeps telling me it will come out for PC first. If that is the case then I would be playing on PC, and for the mods
    lol i don't think you will get away with mods on an Online game my friend
    Last edited by Mike; Jul 23, 2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Merge

Quote Originally Posted by Roguex View Post
    lol i don't think you will get away with mods on an Online game my friend
    Yes I can, textures.

LOOKING FOR AUSSIES SageAtlasEllimirri's Avatar

ivé loved the original on gamecube and dreamcast so much so when pso2 comes out i hope to get it in australia looking forward to pawning off items and powning some newbies in rank!

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    No, PC exclusive, please. PSU got screwed over because they had to limit content for console limitations.
    /thread

Although I'm excited for the Vita version.

Pretty sure the 3DS version would hold the game back though.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakari View Post
    PSO2 with only one analog stick.
    lolno
    Well, to be fair. PSO got away with it. Just need a camera centering button. Still, I doubt the lack of a 2nd analogue would be the bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I just hope the current Vita work doesn't give SEGA problems with keeping things in sync. Thing is, Vita is still on PSN, and while PSN is a little more open to cross-platform play; they still have to deal with the whole typical console issues if they have to do any client-side updates. The PC is pretty much the only place they only have to worry about checking themselves, before an update is released.
    and where exactly do you think they need to check on vita? If you think they need to go through sony for some reason, you're wrong

BTW, Sakai's team is still investigating whether Vita can run on the same servers as PC. It will definitely use the same character data, but we don't know whether PC and Vita players can play together or not. Sakai recently mentioned having a server exclusive for Vita players.

Smartphone PSO2 will be single-player play and doesn't connect to PC/Vita versions except for character data.