View Poll Results: BUY or GRIND?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • BUY FROM PLAYER SHOP

48 47.06%
  • GRIND MYSELF

54 52.94%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation GRIND or BUY? (High lvl weapons)

Hi all,

In prep for our next show, I've been looking into the following and wanted to get an idea of what YOU do, or aim to do, when it comes to obtaining high lvl weapons.

BUY - Why do you choose this over grinding? I know many people choose to buy weapons with the exactly abilities and/or grinds they want because they don't quite understand the various methods (mostly due to the language barrier).

Also, this generally costs more. But it's also a whole lot simpler and requires no time other than a little market research.

GRIND - Is this because, in theory, it's more cost effective?
    Grinding does give you the flexibility over what abilities and such you have on a weapon, but also is a risk.

There is no 'set cost' to creating the weapon you're after, but there's a good chance you'll spend a LOT less before you reach your goal for the weapons.

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Peace.

I picked "Buy", because my luck is complete shit and I'll never find any good (Hunter) rares ever anyway. Just like PSU, I gotta buy all my 'good' gear from the lucky "Chosen" players. You know, those handful of guys that find everything all the time?
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 23, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

Well, considering that I have yet to find a rare gun as a ranger, no matter how long I grind for the mobs that drop them, I usually just keep an eye on the auction house. I can usually farm up the meseta to buy what I want before it drops.

Of course, If I ever swap to hunter or force, I will NEVER need to buy a rare as I have found literally dozens of high-end rares for the other classes. And since can't trade or sell them to another player, they will prolly just rot in my bank.
    ^ ^....~

I'll grind it myself, but not to +10. Only as high as I can get without it failing a bunch. I feel like rares are only there to look cool, so my next weapon will probably just be one of the regular ones (unless they make a Talis that SHOOTS HEART OMFG TAKE MY MONEY)

Usually, Force weapons are reasonably priced. So I'd just skip the hassle of grinding and just buy.

My luck has actually been quite good... for now... so I went with grind myself.
    PSO2 char
    ゆかり・ルルキア - Fighter/Force Newman(F)
    ライアク - Force/Techer Newman(M)
    RAH-犀 - Hunter/??? Cast(M)

Hmm, interesting question. Arguably both are grinding; if you purchase from the AH you still have the "grind"/farm the Meseta needed.

I don't have a problem with either, I wouldn't mind building my own weapon ( I did so with the Yellow Axe Sword thing) but not able to fully understand and read all the moonspeak while grinding can be a big obstacle though.
    PSO 2 Hunter - Alreun SHIP 10 Thats right! SHIP 10!

Grinders are quite common at higher levels, so unless you grind everything you get your hands on, you should have a reasonable supply to test your luck with.

Buy, because my luck with such things in any game is absolutely awful and I'd rather make another player richer instead of making dudu any richer than he already is.
    PSO 2 Chararcters:
    Sniper Wolf- RA/HUnewearl main PHnewearl (current)Ship 02 (CBT participant)

Proud leader of Newearls Luv PP

I just end up buying my rares, though if it's super expensive (500k+), I'll hold off in the hopes of eventually finding my own. The way I see it, there's no reason to go blowing millions of meseta on weapons. I could understand for vanity items like the rappy suit, but with weapons, each new update is probably going to make a handful of weapons obsolete. Unless it's a weapon you MUST HAVE, you're better off sticking with the cheaper stuff and saving your meseta for the next update and the new weapons it brings.

I've only come across these 9* rares in my roughly 100+ hours of play time:
    3-4 Vraolets (gunslash)
    1 Kuscha Nebula (wired lance)
    2 rare units
    4-5 Talis Legacy

And I'm a partisan user.
    PSO2 - Katagai [Ship 2]