Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The RNG Thread

Default The RNG Thread

For ranting and raving about the bloody RNG (random number generator, for those not in the know).

I've been trying to get decent affix combinations on my bloody units for a LONG time now. Absolutely no luck whatsoever.

I went from a unit with 3 affixes to a unit with 0. ZERO! ZEERROOOO!!!! And then every attempt I make to at least get one affix on the bloody thing results in FAILURE.

...Then I go grind my rare 9* staff and get to +8 on the first try. LOL RNG
    (Note: I REFUSE to go past +9 on any rare. I get enough grief as it is on the damn affixes.)

I cannot even fathom how those folks with souls + level 3 shoot/power/technic affixes managed to do it. I mean, besides raw bloody luck, that is. Good grief!

You have awful luck. Fathom that those people throw enough money at it until it works (ie: kokori), then they sell them to others.

I know what you mean. I've had the same predicament and Mizer's soul don't drop that often. :\ Now I'm just hoping to get at least its soul onto my weapon again and screw Shoot3.

Hmm affixing is probably pretty scary when you're trying to add stuff to items... but for me, I just bought armor with the affixes I want and it was relatively cheap (like 40-60k each). Grinded them to +10 and done. But I suppose as we get more item and level updates it won't end up that simple anymore.

I feel you on the grinding rares. My Stella is still +8 because even though I have plenty of money I simply refuse to risk going back down to +5. ._.

What's particularly funny is how I have a unit with Power II and Vol Soul on my hunter, and that was an upgrade from one slot, so the odds were even worse!

So you can go from beating the odds one day to 'THE ODDS SAY FUCK YOU' the other day. This of course merely reaffirms the fact that it is indeed random. I just wish it didn't hurt so damn badly when I failed...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    What's particularly funny is how I have a unit with Power II and Vol Soul on my hunter, and that was an upgrade from one slot, so the odds were even worse!

So you can go from beating the odds one day to 'THE ODDS SAY FUCK YOU' the other day. This of course merely reaffirms the fact that it is indeed random. I just wish it didn't hurt so damn badly when I failed...
    I know exactly what you mean, especially those 80% stacks that all seem to fail too :P

You're better off just making a "new" armor set when you plan to add. That way you don't ruin current equipment. It pays off more instead of leaving you with nothing like you've had before.

I've had multiple times where 80% success-rate abilities failed and the 30% ones all succeeded.

Riddle me goddamn that, Batman.

It took me 2.5M (using my own grinders, mind you...) to get my second Tig Ridol to +10. My first one I spent 4M crit failing at +9 until I used an AC 0 risk lock. The second one proceeded to fail with the AC 0 risk locks another 8 times x(

Then the same gun upgraded from 0 slots to Mizer Soul + Shoot III first try... ┐( ̄ー ̄|||)┌

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

You have quite the willpower, Jey...

I'd have quit on the first million. o.o;

I don't think it is willpower so much as mulish angriness and spite :<

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)