Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Girl vs Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I look forward to the day where I can be a gamer first, and a woman second. This is likely my only contribution to this thread, because I can see the defensive, sexist, derailing replies coming in already, and I'm not going to waste my energy engaging in that.
    From my experience, girls gamers of that ilk tend to be more or less transparent. They don't talk much (probably to keep from starting a "get back in the kitchen/go out wif me" shitstorm), play competently, and leave when the game is over... just like any other gamer out there. The ones which are most visible seem to me to be the "lobby queens" and socialites who exploit their gender to get attention and freebies. Those are the ones which tend to be lower skilled, or simply don't try very hard in order to garner even more attention from males who think they need to be "protected"... or are afraid to show off their skill lest they be derided and spurred by the guys who's asses they are kicking.

This makes for a bit of a catch-22, since it only reinforces the stereotype and makes it harder for women to be seen as competent gamers. At least, that seems to the case from my perspective as someone who avoids joining cliques or clans as a way to reduce bullshit drama which inevitably ensues. Most of the time, I'm not even aware I'm running with female gamers until the "GG, Thx for the Party" at the end.

Personally, I don't really care about skill level so long as it's apparent that the player is trying their best... and at worst, when an unskilled player engages in a mission which demands high levels of skill in order to accomplish the goal (Like Challenge mode) without warning the other players that they are not very good and in need of help. I'm also secure enough that I don't take it personally when I find out a female is better at me than something.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jul 25, 2012 at 08:52 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I think I have a gif that is relevant to this topic...

Not really relevant but I laughed.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

God damn I haven't seen that shit in so long lmao.

I was actually thrown off by that GIF too. Hella years old, mang!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

STFU n00bs!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

OP has requested a lock.