Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    If the world ran on fallacies, you'd be the new green energy.
    That's hilarious and awesome.

Also, if the world ran on fallacies, the energy crisis would clearly have been solved long ago...

About latency lag, I often see people slashing or shooting away in some random direction, and seeing the monster flip and levitate all over the place. Eventually I figured out that the player was perhaps not in the location seen on my screen, but actually near the enemy.

Also, if PVP is included, rest assured there will be some gimmick included in order to balance it out. It's obvious rangers would dominate PVP otherwise, seeing as how they can flinch-lock you with launcher and make you take 800% more damage when weak-bulleted. Also, hunters would never see light in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    About latency lag, I often see people slashing or shooting away in some random direction, and seeing the monster flip and levitate all over the place. Eventually I figured out that the player was perhaps not in the location seen on my screen, but actually near the enemy.
    pretty sure its the same mechanic used in Monster hunter and PSP1/2/I where normal mobs location are client side and mini bosses+ are server. There is a lot of latency, most people just don't notice.

Funny because before PvP in PSU everyone made the same arguments about RAs dominating everyone if PvP ever came to the series.

When PvP finally came it was completely dominated by Beast HUs.

Things that look good on paper don't always translate well in practice.

PSU (PsPo2's) PvP (like I've said a billion times) was more than just 'we kill eachother'. There were jumppads, capture points, enemy kills, and bases. The terrain was also a big factor.
    Last edited by Angelo; Jul 28, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

That's what I'm saying. If they do it right with alternate paths and ideally a couple new mobility-based PA's (a grapple charge for each weapon, maybe) it could work, so long as weak bullet isn't left to be so ridiculously powerful.

If they just throw stuff out there that looks like the MPA's then we're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    That's what I'm saying. If they do it right with alternate paths and ideally a couple new mobility-based PA's (a grapple charge for each weapon, maybe) it could work, so long as weak bullet isn't left to be so ridiculously powerful.

If they just throw stuff out there that looks like the MPA's then we're doomed.
    I do hope they do it right.

A good example was that some capture points were on very small islands that you had to use a jump pad to get to. If you sent a HU to that capture point and a RA tried to track them down they'd be forced to jump pad into melee range.

Also if a RA or FO had his hands busy trying to gain team points by taking down a monster spawn you could sneak up behind them while they're pre-occupied, get a kill point and then finish off the monster and get even more points.

Another example was if I (playing a HU) went to attack their base, I could just attack it and move myself around the perimeter and force a ranged class to get closer.

While the PSU version of PvP was very bare bones, I think if they put a good amount of thought and care into the tactics and utility of each class it could be awesome. Especially if they put in things like the skill tree skills and let them work out in PvP. In PSU the 'charm' effect forced you to lock on to the enemy or player that charmed you. In PSO2 charm is now 'hate' and using a skill like Warcry which generates hate in PvP could make things interesting.

Even if they nail the terrain perfectly, it doesn't resolve my main issue that hunters are too hit/miss. If the terrain is nothing but advantageous to hunters that will be exactly as bad as if it's all perfect for rangers.

If hunters can't get close, rangers will squash them. If they can, hunters will probably win. That's exactly as un-fun in the end, the only difference is the other class is winning.

And this doesn't address the fact that forces are both the burst damage class AND the healing class, so a bunch of health padded forces will be a force to reckon with (pun intended, I'm a funny guy).

I will admit though, the thought of double daggers getting a crit bonus on backstabs has my interest. I never thought I'd want to see a backstab damage bonus in a PS game, but I'm getting there.