View Poll Results: Will you switch servers?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 22.63%
  • No

135 55.56%
  • Debating

53 21.81%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

I think they're talking about overall server support, not individual support.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'd rather have bad support than no support.
    I want you to think about that statement for a while. Really, just think about it.

I'll play on the EU PSO2 since some of my friends want to play the game, at least in English and not japanese since it's rather inconvenient to not understand a single word.

Playing the game by myself on the JP PSO2? Sure, why not it doesn't bother me. But having fun with my friends on the EU PSO2 sounds good to me. I'll have to start over from nothing but I couldn't care less, it just means I'll be able to experiment new things.

To me, this JP PSO2 is a way to spend my vacations and to learn more about the game so I can make my "real" character with the maximum knowledge I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I think they're talking about overall server support, not individual support.
    Point still stands, you will always be a 2nd class citizen, with zero right to any customer support issues you may ever have. That's just not something I want from a game I spend a lot of time playing.

I want you to think about that statement for a while. Really, just think about it.
    Okay...

Yup. Still feel that way. Also, I'm not at all assuming the support will even be bad on PSO2 US/EU...maybe they turn over a new leaf, but either way. At worst I'm sure the support will be called mediocre, which is still better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    After the fuss about people being banned with no explanation and with SEGA ignoring any attempts at contact that had some people here upset, I would ask that you think about that again too.

Quote Originally Posted by reselath View Post
    Hey everyone, so my question is, will you be switching to US PSO2?
    HELL NO
    PSO2 - AwesomeSauce - LVL 40 Hunter, 400 HRS
    PSO2 - Bodacious - LVL 40 Ranger, 400 HRS
    PSO2 - 鬼才 - LVL 17 Force, 100 HRS

More than likely not; skeptical about the way they're going to handle it, and I really, really dislike most of the demographics free international games attract.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyscillius View Post
    I'll play on the EU PSO2 since some of my friends want to play the game, at least in English and not japanese since it's rather inconvenient to not understand a single word.

Playing the game by myself on the JP PSO2? Sure, why not it doesn't bother me. But having fun with my friends on the EU PSO2 sounds good to me. I'll have to start over from nothing but I couldn't care less, it just means I'll be able to experiment new things.

To me, this JP PSO2 is a way to spend my vacations and to learn more about the game so I can make my "real" character with the maximum knowledge I can get.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

PSO2 JP is nice and I will keep playing it but I will certainly make a char (at least) on the NA/EU server.

My best char on PSO was on BB and that was probably my 9th character I ever made. So currently playing the JP server is like playing DCv1 where I get to know the game and am still kind of clueless what I really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    The US/EU server wouldn't ever be able to surpass the JP one, unless we're talking about community quality, of course, but you know how nice can be our community. In terms of content, stability, updates and events, it's obvious to think that the US/EU servers wouldn't be better than the JP ones just because the content will be coming from there. Of course, that's unless SEGA gave carte blanche to SoA to develop its own content and modify the game at whim, and they managed to tweak the game into better mechanics and events. But they did that for PSU 360 and all they did was to make reskins and repeat events.

In any case I'd give you the same answer as I have now. I don't claim that the NA/EU servers will fail, but the chances for it to surpass the JP servers are nil, in the best of the cases they would be equal (and you gotta give that to me at least, the chances for that are slim), and under that circumstance, I don't see any reason to switch as I have a community of friends that won't switch, the language is not an issue to me and I'd have spent already 8 months worth of playtime there to just start from scratch for no reasons.

As many are saying, in any case I'll probably get a character there anyways, when I know if any of my friends are playing there and where. If I find myself playing more and having more fun in the US/NA servers after a couple months, then I could assume that I'd have "switched" servers already. But I won't throw away what I'll have gotten already in the JP servers.
    All I'm really gonna say to this is that, yeah I know that US/EU will probably not surpass JP, I was just saying it could still do really well. You don't see other versions of a game surpass the original server (in this case JP) that often.

@Zipzo, what you are saying is pretty much how I feel. Not only about the US/EU release but also about what other people are assuming about it and such before it even releases.

I cannot wait for the NA/EU version to be released. All the really annoying, irritating, and degenerate people that wreaked all sorts of havoc in every English release of phantasy star will all flood there and leave the JP servers alone. In all honesty the Japanese community is generally much nicer. This also goes for the english speakers who will continue to "import" and make due on that server.

I get that many do not understand the language and having dependency on other people in order to play the game is cumbersome. I have made many friends on both the JP PSU and PSO2 both english and japanese speaking and I will be more than happy to stay there.
    PSU JP/ * 生気 * CAST (F) Lv. 180 (GT-20) [r.i.p.]
    PSO2 JP / 生気 Newman (F) [RA 40, FO 25]