View Poll Results: Will you switch servers?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 22.63%
  • No

135 55.56%
  • Debating

53 21.81%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Nope. I realize it's a free game, but between work and other hobbies, I only have so much time to give to playing PSO2. I can't realistically be splitting that time between two separate regions and expect to get a good experience. So, I have to put my eggs in one basket, and the obvious bet is the JP server.

..Am not going over the US side. JP is already getting a lvlcap increase before the year even ends. And early 2013 in SOA standards could mean May or June -.-, which could also mean, stuck at lvl40 til the end of the year. On top of the exploits that are bound to come up, since GameGuard is back and we all know how long it took for those revisions to get high enough where hardly any hacking took place.

There's other reasons as well. The PSU community was an unfriendly atmosphere, and I had trouble getting anywhere in the game because of it. Nope..not gonna self torture myself and go through that crap all over again. I have nothing against those who will switch or play both, all I say is good luck, cause you're gonna need it as long as you're under SOA.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'll make a character in the US version. I'll go around, doing all the story quests and talking with all the NPCs. Trying to get all the story I possibly can. I'll get a translation, and be able to test out a new character. But as soon as I see all the story, I'm going back to the japanese server.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Plenty of topics already asking/discussing this very same thing. Please use the search function next time.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Plenty of topics already asking/discussing this very same thing. Please use the search function next time.
    Forum police...

You must be new to forums or you would know that most dont search and just repost. Its no big deal. Move on. Its going to happen probably another thousand times before the months over. Its just how people are on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Nu Lo Yin View Post
    Forum police...

You must be new to forums or you would know that most dont search and just repost. Its no big deal. Move on. Its going to happen probably another thousand times before the months over. Its just how people are on forums.
    The search function here is not to great anyways..
    Hunter - Ship 02

Ill switch, i probably wont play both cause of time issues

i would continue in the jap version with my char more advanced and all, but i like this too much and i want to have the most fun in it, i want to understand the story better, i want to understand everything i can do in the game better and although till now ive been having fun with the Japanese guys, even the ones that dont understand English and still play with me all day, it still is a million times better to play with someone you can talk to and develop a friendship, and its easier to convince someone you know in real life to play the game too

i want to have full knowledge of all my items and stuff, the menus, what the npc's are talking about, its unfortunate to leave all the work i had on this behind and start all over again, it will suck but it will play off later i think

Forcer - Ship1 - Human - Hunter - Portugal

Phantasy Star Online Ep.1 // 2
    Dreamcast // PC

I am still very unsure about whether or not i'll be switching. Of course i'll try the game out, but I would really only think to stay in the NA version if my friends decided to play. They are all too closed minded to the idea of playing it in JP. Secondly if we would be getting updates as fast and regularly as the JP one is. If those two things happen then yes I would go to NA. Otherwise it is JP for me......Or if my girlfriend ends up liking it a lot lol.

I doubt i would understand the story even if they told it in English.

Yeah well, like many others I'll play both. As the game is F2P I see nothing preventing me from fiddling with the US version as well. Aside from that it'll be fun to meet some new faces (and old faces returning I'm sure) there also seems to be quite a bit of wait between level cap increases (and larger content patches) so it's not like I'll be way too busy JP side.

Now, if Sega of America ends up providing top notch support for the game and don't lag behind much with the updates, I might just switch to US completely if a lot of people do the same, but..well..I don't really expect that to happen.

Either way, I can enjoy the best of two worlds. Hell yeah.