Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Default Do rangers really need a nerf?

I mean I haven't played with the ranger myself, so I don't know much about it. But I hear from alot of rangers that the game is too easy. Not only that, but they do alot of damage as well. So rangers have advantage in not having to get too close, yet at the same time they deal the most damage. Now wtf is that?

I hope to hear from ranger players wether they think there should be a nerf. If so and it sounds to be really nescesary, when will they do it?

Having played a ranger for a while the only thing I feel needs a nerf specifically would be weak bullet, as it turns lots of bosses into a joke when combined with all the weak-point damage bonuses they can get.

That aside I actually find Force easier than ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Having played a ranger for a while the only thing I feel needs a nerf specifically would be weak bullet, as it turns lots of bosses into a joke when combined with all the weak-point damage bonuses they can get.

That aside I actually find Force easier than ranger.
    Could you eleborate further on that? Take in mind every magic requires PP in comparison to where a ranger can just shoot endlessly

@pookie

Could you as well? Please don't post 1 word replies because you might as well say nothing.
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Jul 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

I'm a hunter, but ive seen some rangers in action; The grenade launcher has a medium to long distance and its INSANE the damage it does. Other than that, rangers are "OK" I guess...

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Not really. I kill things pleanty faster as a hunter. Weak bullet needs some slight changes though. Personally I would like to see the damage not stack with other weak points, but should actually shoot a bullet with a different damn button than normal attack.

No, there is no reason to explain but, if they are nerfed they will be weaker than other classes. Hunters can do a lot of dps, I don't know about forces though.

Weak Bullet is overpowered as hell, doing 4-figure damage at about level 10 is stupid.

Aside from that, I feel launcher damage (standard shots) should be significantly reduced. They turn any large spawns into a joke. I still feel like RA has the highest DPS potential, whether I'm right is another thing altogether.

To be honest though, I feel all the classes need some adjustments (FO in particular as every skill worth getting seems to be on the Fire part of the skill tree).

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    Not really. I kill things pleanty faster as a hunter. Weak bullet needs some slight changes though. Personally I would like to see the damage not stack with other weak points, but should actually shoot a bullet with a different damn button than normal attack.
    In a way, I think this actually balances weak bullet. We can't easily fill our PP back up as fast to keep using PAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    Could you eleborate further on that?
    Forces have a longer invincibility period in their dodge which makes it easier to avoid damage, and they can pinpoint target specific parts which makes getting break offs on things like banther or vol dragon a lot easier than as a hunter or ranger since you can instantly hit whatever part of them you want even if something is blocking you.