Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A question about Force and locking on (q)

My apologies in advance for the silly questions. I'm a PSO veteran (day one DC woot!) but just started playing PSO2.

First, about locking on. Is there a way to just press Q once to stay locked on or do you HAVE to press and hold Q? It's pretty difficult to run around while locked on.

Second, am I doing something wrong with Force? I'm a HUcaseal and changed to Force to mess around. I understand that as a cast my technique abilities are not exactly amazing but this seems a little extreme. As a level 3 on the level 3 forest stage it seems to take forever to fell the mobs. 4 shots of Foie per Rappy which is 4/5 of my PP. More than one mob around? I have to run around in circles until my PP comes back. Am I doing something wrong? Force seems to be very underpowered at least starting out; I shouldn't have to run around for 5 minutes on a pack of 5 mobs.

Thanks!

There is an option to switch between HOLDING or TOGGLING the button. You can find an options guide on bumped.org
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Always charge techs, no matter what

There is a setting in options which is toggle lock, but you somehow changed it to hold lock

Thanks! That bumped.org site is great!

GoldenFalcon: I am charging my techs. I just seem to run out of PP insanely quickly and have to run around while my PP recharges and start again. It just seems to take so long compared to Hunter and Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Why are you running around in circles? Hit them.
    I guess I was missing something... with what? I don't seem to be able to whack them with my staff. Do I really have to switch to a Saber in order to melee?

You're meant to mix melee hits inbetween techs since normal attacks regenerate pp. Aside from that, get the PP Revival skill in the fire passive tree since that lets you regenerate pp while charging spells, effectively cutting 5-10pp off the cost.

You should be able to melee with a staff so that's really odd.

@finalmike: You've probably equipped a tech on the first slot on your rod. Select the first tech slot and click the button all the way at the bottom of the PA selection window that appears to free it up and get your melee attack back. Alternately, yes, you can switch to gunslash, press shift to go into gunner mode and let rip. You'll get back quite a bit of TP either way.

As for charged vs uncharged, until you start getting more SP to improve your character, you will have PP regen issues. Either head down the fire tree and get Charge PP Revival, or the Lightning tree to get Bolt PP Save. You should be able to have enough SP for either by level 15.

Thanks guys, your info was spot on/awesome. It's much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by finalmike View Post
    I guess I was missing something... with what? I don't seem to be able to whack them with my staff. Do I really have to switch to a Saber in order to melee?
    You could switch to a gunslash when you're on low PP and shoot the mob a few times to regenerate PP for your techs. Unless you'd rather run up to the mob and whack it a few times.
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

Wow, Force is a lot easier to play now that I have my melee attack equipped. Thanks again!