View Poll Results: Your favorite HU weapon is?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sword

48 51.61%
  • Lance

45 48.39%
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword vs Lance

Default Sword vs Lance

There's an amazing force thread that inspired me to start this thread.

We'll be talking about hunter's weapons. The hunter is mainly a tank/dps class with great firepower. A hunter's main weapon would most likely be a sword and a sidearm which is a the lance. Some lances look like your ordinary lance while others look like yoyo's with sharp blades attached to them.

Personally I use the sword more often because of the skill Nova Strike. The skill tends to save me from the most sticky situations where darkers try to crawl up on me. Being able to charge it also adds a nice damage bonus! So if you're having trouble as a hunter i really recommend to pick this special move.

Let's not forget about the lances shall we. The damage of lances may not be very high but it's still a great alternative and good for beginning players. Why? Because it has a long reach (some have wires on them so the reach may vary) and really quick so the player will get hurt less often.

Anyway that's what I have to say about my experience with hunter weapons. Please vote for your favourite hunter weapon and don't forget to post your opinion on it!

Sword for bosses, Wirelance for mobs

sword for everything

also gunslash, hunter really makes good use of the gunslash

Also you forgot the partisan aka speed rain stick, according to almost every other hunter I encounter in MPA's.

Wire Lance is great for mobs, but it tends to leave you open and therefore dangerous to use on bosses, Heavenly Fall might help a bit with that.

Sword is something i don't use so i can't say.

Partisan is great for any situation with speed rain.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    also gunslash, hunter really makes good use of the gunslash

Also you forgot the partisan aka speed rain stick, according to almost every other hunter I encounter in MPA's.
    Rage Dance? Rage Dance
    Serpent Air for lulz on bosses

I got sick of Speed Rain stick and prefer spamming Other Spin on Wirelance now

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I kinda miss the purpose for me to even use a Wired Lance. So far I haven't found a signle situation where i would use one of my Sword, Partisan or Gunslash.

The PA's are ok to mess with but to me at least, they are useless for bosses (which is annoying if you need to do the Weapon Traing CO's from Joseph) and I really have a hard time to put them to use at all. I kinda do everything with my Sword and Partisan.

So yeah to me they are pretty useless so far (Sorry Cornelia if you read this ). Maybe I give them a go again when I get one that is stronger then Daylight Scar.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Sword on everything Sonic Arrow on enemies on the ground and Rising Edge on fly enemies also

Sonic Arrow on boss unless I need Rising Edge for a boss like Rockbear.

and never get old

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    I kinda miss the purpose for me to even use a Wired Lance. So far I haven't found a signle situation where i would use one of my Sword, Partisan or Gunslash.

The PA's are ok to mess with but to me at least, they are useless for bosses (which is annoying if you need to do the Weapon Traing CO's from Joseph) and I really have a hard time to put them to use at all. I kinda do everything with my Sword and Partisan.

So yeah to me they are pretty useless so far (Sorry Cornelia if you read this ). Maybe I give them a go again when I get one that is stronger then Daylight Scar.
    The issue with the PA's is that the boss has to stand still, although, the point blank grab is fast enough to usually hit where you want it (especially when Ragne is roaring, shooting discs, or fallen over)

Skilled Fighter

sword just to show off my アーディロウ LOL