Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    I hope it's more for the challenge and personal fulfillment cause doing anything for the general public is unrewarding and stressful
    I don't think they would be if that weren't the case. XD

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soulpimpwizzurd View Post
    YES I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT

ALRIGHT HERE GOES *AHEMAHEMCOUGHAHEM*

CAN YOU GUYS SMELL...

WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?!?!?!?! LOOOOOOOOOL

how long has this english patch coming soon thing been up on bumped anyway
    Goddammit
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Back on topic

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    I'd guess it's there now due to the file repacking now figured out and modified files can now be accepted by the game, Ricardo knows this(?)

With that problem out of the way, yes you should expect the patch real soon.
    Source? .*ahem* hasn't been updated with anything in quite a while. For all I know the text is still serverside(ish) like they were talking about.
    edit: or has the encryption/whatever been figured out? sorry if referring to it being serverside is wrong, i haven't read that forum in a while after it basically died
    Last edited by Dokudoku; Jul 31, 2012 at 02:09 AM.

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Chances are, it probably has been up there for a while and he never bothered to remove it. Since the game is going to be localized early next year, there really wouldn't be any rush to get an English patch out at this point. It would be a waste of time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokudoku View Post
    Back on topic

Source? .*ahem* hasn't been updated with anything in quite a while. For all I know the text is still serverside(ish) like they were talking about.
    edit: or has the encryption/whatever been figured out? sorry if referring to it being serverside is wrong, i haven't read that forum in a while after it basically died
    Source is their IRC Channel, mostly everything goes on in there.

And huh? There is Serverside text like Items and a lot of client sided ones like Menus/Item Affixes/COs, etc and re-encryption has been figured out yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Since the game is going to be localized early next year, there really wouldn't be any rush to get an English patch out at this point. It would be a waste of time and effort.
    Not at all, compared to this waiting till "early" next year is light years away.

Since the game is going to be localized early next year, there really wouldn't be any rush to get an English patch out at this point. It would be a waste of time and effort.
    Remember how everyone's ranting about their hate for SoA? I highly doubt people would find an English patch a "waste of time", since I believe almost everyone really want to stay on Jap-servers.

The English patch team have my full support, through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Not at all, compared to this waiting till "early" next year is light years away.
    Eh, depends really. These people have lives outside of doing this, you know. I know if I heard about a localization taking place months from now, I probably wouldn't bother continuing with the project. It's a waste of time, honestly.

They could be investing that time into something more practical. Sure, they know a lot of people are going to end up staying on the JP server even after localization, but they should also know that the group is split into two categories of NA players.

Group A: Understands most of the menus thanks to their knowledge with Japanese language

Group B: Will understand the menus due to trial and error over a period of time

By the time this English patch supposedly releases, most of the players will already understand what does what and won't need one. At that point, it would be less practical as it would be just neat to have. In other words, it goes back to what I said before. I believe it would be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meji View Post
    Remember how everyone's ranting about their hate for SoA? I highly doubt people would find an English patch a "waste of time", since I believe almost everyone really want to stay on Jap-servers.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanore View Post
    i know japanese and i'd use the english patch

some of you people seem to just like feeling high and mighty that you can handle memorizing menus in japanese when others can't and have a 'well if i can do it, others should be able to' attitude

which is awful
    This is beautiful... Just sayin'...

Akumetsu
    Ship 7 Valhalla Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Kanore View Post
    i know japanese and i'd use the english patch

some of you people seem to just like feeling high and mighty that you can handle memorizing menus in japanese when others can't and have a 'well if i can do it, others should be able to' attitude

which is awful
    I know Japanese and I wouldn't use the English patch.

Some of you people seem to just like feeling entitled and don't want to learn how to read or memorize the menus. You would rather have a, "Others have to do it, but why should I?" attitude

which is awful

No, but seriously. Real talk. It's a two way street, man.

If you can understand Japanese and you'd use the English patch, that's great. More power to you. Just don't believe that everyone feels the same way you do and would support this idea.

I know Japanese and I wouldn't use the English patch.

Some of you people seem to just like feeling entitled and don't want to learn how to read or memorize the menus. You would rather have a, "Others have to do it, but why should I?" attitude

which is awful

No, but seriously. Real talk. It's a two way street, man.

If you can understand Japanese and you'd use the English patch, that's great. More power to you. Just don't believe that everyone feels the same way you do and would support this idea.
    I'm Batman and only sissies use the English Patch.

Real men use the Gaelic Patch.