Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool Shxt

For the first time since getting laid off four years ago, I finally have a job interview (at Kmart). I feel like I'm gonna screw up big-time, though.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Aug 23, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    For the first time since getting laid off four years ago, I finally have a job interview (at Kmart). I feel like I'm gonna screw up big-time, though.
    Don't be so negative >: Do it for PSO2!

1 Work
    2 Money
    3 Webmoney = AC
    4 ???
    5 Profit

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

A castle clouded beyond the mist and rime, in the depths of your mind

Good luck on your interview!

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Don't be so negative >: Do it for PSO2!

1 Work
    2 Money
    3 Webmoney = AC
    4 ???
    5 Profit
    Haha, definitely this!

Seriously though, get your head up. You have to walk in there believing you're the right person for the job and that you deserve it. Remember that a job interview involves advertising yourself to the employer, so be confident and upbeat about the opportunity. Even a little negativity shows through. Good luck.

Thanks, everyone. I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to interviews, since I've only ever had one prior to this (the one from my first job I mentioned last post). So I know there's these 'techniques' and such things that you 'should' do during interviews, but I'll be damned if I'll be able to remember them while I'm there having my anxiety attack, haha.

Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but I know I'll be more than a bit frightened. But, I'm sure I'll do okay outside maybe choking on my words every once in a while due to my heart pounding (happens when I'm nervous).

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

If you've got a suit, wear it. Dress as nice as you possibly can.

Talked to my ex today, we're on much better terms. I got to get things off my chest and I feel great for it. Gonna start moving forward now.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Just got a $40 waiver from Capital One. They issued a membership fee on a card that I use maybe once a year, then tried to claim that they couldn't refund it because they did the same thing last year. I called their bluff and ran it up the flag pole.

GIMME MAH MONIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    So long as you can at least convey the general point that you don't suck and can actually do the job expected of you, you'll be fine. It does help to come off as calm, confident and straightforward, but if you don't have those qualities naturally, emulating them often comes off as strange. So just do you. Basically never sell yourself short.
    Well, I nailed the first interview, basically impressing her with my wordsmithing and detailed explanations (without rambling) of my strengths, weaknesses, etc. The normal interview crapola.

As for 'doing me', that wouldn't have worked very well. "I'm" weak, negative, insecure, etc. But I'll be damned if I can't put on one hell of a show of all the contrary.

Apparently I'll get a call for a 'second interview' if they liked me enough. Not getting my hopes up, but one never knows.

Fixed up my sisters old laptop. It used to be a overheating piece of junk but now its aleast good for stuff like youtube and general internet browsing.

As for 'doing me', that wouldn't have worked very well. "I'm" weak, negative, insecure, etc. But I'll be damned if I can't put on one hell of a show of all the contrary.
    Well why don't you try and fix your flaws? Self improvement ain't impossible it just takes a lot work.

As for 'doing me', that wouldn't have worked very well. "I'm" weak, negative, insecure, etc.
    Sounds like you have a self-esteem issue brewing here. Psychologist aside, you're wrong.

You didn't impress her with just wordsmithing. You impressed her with your presentation of you as a whole. You're probably the best thing to happen to K-Mart and they gotta know it. You can't walk in with your head hanging low.

But I'll be damned if I can't put on one hell of a show of all the contrary.
    If you truly believe this, then "Fake it until you make it." Tried and true: if you pretend you know what you're doing others will keep you on board until you actually do know.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?