Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok im just wondering in head, now bear with me...what if they made a legend of zelda movie.........now hold on before you guys go "remember what they did to mario?" my idea is what if the movie was animated, and what if it was animated by studio ghibli? i think the legend of zelda would be perfectly suited to studio ghibli handiwork. they can keep the story orginal no changes(well minor add ons like an introduction to link) they don't have to worry about having a voice for the main character(since he doesnt talk) that would be awesome.

soooooo what do you guys think? you think it could work out or not? please comment and one more thing......DON'T BE OVERLY PESSIMISTIC

oh yah as in which game they would make a movie out of the ocarina of time.
    Last edited by Outrider; Aug 2, 2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Double post.

Y'know, as soon as I saw this thread, I started thinking the following:

"Oof, I'm probably not going to like what I see in this thread. It'll be about how they should make a live-action Metroid movie starring Charlize Theron, or a Zelda movie starring Orlando Bloom, or one of the dozens of other ideas that people always try to suggest. If only more people were in favor of the crazy idea that Studio Ghibli should create a Legend of Zelda animated film."

And then I clicked and saw that's just what you were suggesting. Congrats for making me feel stupid.

Ever since Howl's Moving Castle, I've wanted to see a Studio Ghibli take on the Zelda franchise. I'd actually prefer if they didn't follow a specific game and instead had some leeway. After all, Zelda stories are almost a sub-genre unto themselves these days, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to tell an original tale that still feels true to the source material.

i kind a had a feeling somebody was going to say that. i was looking at studio ghibli wiki(i know) and i read that they do a strict no edit policy.....but then i remembered howls moving castle was mostly different than it's book conterpart weird huh?. you think they would do the same to this iconic series? i honestly hope they wouldn't.(if they tried at least i mean) plus i think nintendo wouldn't like that at all.....not after that mario crisis

Yeah, the "no edits" policy is for their dubs. Disney cannot make any edits to the US versions of Studio Ghibli's films without their express consent.

Nintendo has already done a couple of animated adaptations of their properties since the Mario movie, so I see no reason they wouldn't be open to it. I just don't see any situation in which Studio Ghibli would want to work on it, especially since Miyazaki is so adamantly anti-technology these days. (Granted, there are other directors at the studio, but I always jump to Miyazaki when I think of Studio Ghibli.)

lol maybe i'll open my own animated studio and get to work on it(with the expressed permission of the wonderful nintendo studios of course....but sssssh don't tell sega i said that lmao)

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Would watch a studio Ghibli anything.

But yeah.

My definition of a Nintendo movie is... The Wizard.

I'd love to see an exaggerated fantasy movie about Gamer's(Not like the movie Gamer, though that was hilarious too) or a modernized version of "The Wizard" just for the lulz. Then they can just play it off as some indie arts-tyle movie.

Also what the hell, I liked that cheesy Mario Bros movie!

And isn't studio Ghibili working on an RPG game? A REALLY interesting looking one?

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Animated by Ghibili would be interesting. I think Youtube has already had all the Live Action Nintendo stuff covered.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Nintendo movies about games.... No. But what does one persons opinion count? After all, opinions hasn't stopped Uwe Boll from making the worst movies known to man....
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

see the reason why(in my opinion) that most video game movies suck(im looking at you mario bros. and mortal combat) is that the person directing it doesnt or hasn't played the game period or try taking the movie in a whole 'nother direction that's way off course.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Also what the hell, I liked that cheesy Mario Bros movie!

And isn't studio Ghibili working on an RPG game? A REALLY interesting looking one?
    lol i didn't know you like that movie. oh yah i heard about that too. doesn't it come out like next year or something? i would like to play that game.
    Last edited by Outrider; Aug 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Double post.

Oh man, I'm still waiting for a sequel to Mario. xD