Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I would kinda compare the Vocaloid series as a sort of equivalent to Rock Band, Guitar Hero or DDR. Those games use virtual avatars with music tracks behind them, sure they don't do Guitar Hero Concerts but it is the same concept, Vocaloid is just applied with more complexity.

^Not really. Those are just rhythm games, and while there are VOCALOID rythm games, it's still mainly a singing synth.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    lol G.A.M.E.R-X, always a thrill.
    Yep, pretty much.

If nothing else, it is entertaining.

On-topic: I am a Miku fan, and I know it is most definitely a love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing, as her voice is somewhat atypical (and there's the whole synthetic thing that may or may not work for you).

What I find interesting is how many Vocaloid songs tackle really heavy subjects that you don't often see portrayed in typical songwriting. For example... look up Servant of Evil. Very interesting stuff there.
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Aug 5, 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.M.E.R-X View Post
    >They have THE biggest culture of child sexualization and exploitation, its literally a popular mainstream accepted culture for them and a norm even though it would be banned in a country like america immediately

cases of teachers raping 50+ girls each,tons of times each before ever getting caught, and then getting off with no punishment
    apparently numbers and solid facts mean nothing to this guy.

and you think the way japan handle rape cases are unique? in fact, there are plenty of rape cases from the us army base in japan. im certain all they got was a slap on the wrist court martial, and a simple discharge.

Thats because miku hatsune is first popular virtual idol, the future of music, and she sings really good songs. I like her because of the technology and creative minds use to create her. Its so cool.

honestly i like hatsune miku, thes an avatar and her voice an instrument played by someone.

i also like how joyfull and full of energy she is. even if she dosent exist.

i would prefer that video on the lobbies
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

I still laugh everytime I recall that she "performed" concerts as a hologram and people were actually enjoying it waving their sticks to "her"
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Old news, but entertaining nevertheless. It shouldn't come as a surprise though. They are both made by Sega after all.

Because terminal case weeaboos

I still find it really sad that hundreds of thousand fill stadiums in japan to watch what is essentialy a cartoon of that derpy waifu loli with that god awful autotune voice
    Dude, seriously. No. Just stop, lol.

Do you ever bother to think before you speak (or type in this case)? I'm sure hundreds of thousands would be willing to disagree with you and tell you that you wouldn't know something good even if it kicked you in the face. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you should insult so many people like that and be like, "omg this is derpy and most awful voice evar blah blah blah"

If you actually bothered to understand how she works as a program, you would realize that this "derpy waifu loli with that god awful autotone voice" goes above and beyond just that. Trust me, I'd know. I had Vocaloid 2 on my computer a couple of years ago and my mind was blown at just how amazing it was, despite my lack of understanding with it. What I mean is, I wasn't able to make a song with it since it was far too complicated for me (more of an FL Studio guy), but even I could realize how crazy the technology must be to create something like this. Also, not all of her songs sound "autotone" as you put it. There are plenty that I have linked from NicoNico to my friends and they found it hard to believe the song was made with Vocaloid because of how real it sounded (this goes for Miku, Kaito, Len, Luka, etc.).

Most of her stuff does sound just as you described though, but that's the appeal of it. It has a unique sound and if you really knew how much effort it took just to make her sound that way, you'd think twice before insulting this work of art and calling people that enjoy the music, "terminal case weeaboos". Besides, how the fuck are you going to sit there and call people such a thing when you're playing PSO2? This game was obviously also catered to "terminal case weeaboos" as well.

Did you see the story about the Tupac hologram projected against a clear screen at that concert in Cali not too long ago?

Welp, in japan they do that shit with Miku, and hundreds of thousands pay retarded amounts to go to a fake concert to see their loli waifu. Its pretty pathetic tbh.

Theres videos on youtube, it looks horrible to boot
    They also had a hologram for the Gorillaz as well. What's your point? I really don't see what the big deal is. Personally, I think you need to get your eyes checked if you truly believe the Hatsune Miku hologram (or any of the Vocaloid holograms, really) look horrible.

Now, I will admit... there were some movement issues when it first came out and it didn't look near as good as it does now, but now the hologram looks really smooth and moves in a fluid fashion. I am thoroughly impressed with what technology has done and was able to bring a virtual idol to us as close to reality as possible. I think it's a really cool feature, honestly. It's the best thing for a Hatsune Miku fan, really. She doesn't actually exist, but bringing her to the stage as a hologram is the next best thing.

I don't know what your problem is with people liking things you don't like, but you need to chill the fuck out. There are plenty of people that spend, "retarded amounts" to go watch football (which I don't like), but do you see me badmouthing them or bashing their interest? No. Why? Because it would make me look like a narrow-minded and self-centered jackass.

"Durr hurr. Everyone should like what I like or they're an idiot. What everyone else likes is retarded. Only what I like is cool"

Whatever, man. You hating on Hatsune Miku for not being real is as bad as guys who bash others for liking comic books or any other piece of work with a fictional character in it. Who the hell cares if the character isn't real? There are plenty of characters in comic books, anime, manga, video games, etc. we can all learn a thing or two from sometimes, so it's never a good idea to keep yourself inside of the box and think only good ideas come from the 3D realm.

If you're not going to try and fix your tunnel vision, the least you could do is do us all a favor and think before you type out that next post. I don't ever get headaches, but I sympathize for the people you are giving them to. You're like a walking plague, trying to suck out all of the good left in humanity that's left on this Earth.

*facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    I still laugh everytime I recall that she "performed" concerts as a hologram and people were actually enjoying it waving their sticks to "her"
    I still laugh every time someone thinks that just because she isn't real means we should treat her as if she doesn't exist. She did perform and she is classified as a her. How would you like it if someone addressed your character in PSO2 as, "her" rather than just flat out saying it?

Yes, even fictional characters have genders. Surprise surprise. As for her performance... someone had to program her to behave that way and instruct her which way to turn during which part, when to jump, when to open her mouth and close it, etc. She didn't just get up there and someone pushed a button to make things happen. It took time and effort to make her perform.

It's like how you go to the theater to watch a movie or stay at home and watch one on your TV. You're watching the actors' and actresses' performance. Were you there on the set to see them perform in real time? No. You're watching it from a "stage" just as these people were with the Hatsune Miku hologram.

Does you watching it in a theater or your home make it any less real than had you seen them doing all of it on the set during the shoot? No. So why would you treat this any different?

Oh wait... you wouldn't.

I dislike Hatsune Miku very much, but if other people like her (it?) then that doesn't make them a weeaboo, or a....child rapist? ...or whatever that mental-case tried to spin it into.

Until a week ago I didn't know what hatsune miku even was. I just always saw the character on japanese sites, figured it was some super popular anime like narubo or one part.