Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anything that sounds good to me, I guess. I started with mostly Rock, but my tastes are a bit more eclectic now.

As of recent, I've been listening to:

The White Stripes, Jack White, The Raconteurs, CAKE, The New Radicals, The Strokes, The Darkness, Jamiroquai, Cee-Lo Green, James Brown, Jaga Jazzist, The Outer Rim, Beastie Boys, The Mars Volta, The Dear Hunter, The Black Keys, Jackie Wilson, YES, Rush, Queens of The Stone Age, Foo Fighters, AWOLNATION, The Doors, UNKLE, DJ Shadow...

OK, OK, I'll stop..

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Electronic Dance Music.

Especially French House. (Daft Punk being the most straight-forward example)

And or Dudes that have that 80's synth sound.

From Stuff that makes you want to run people over, to stuff that you can watch the sunset to, to stuff that makes you dance like man-slut when nobody is looking. I also like "Chillwave" (BS genre name) and anything laid-back including Hip-Hop and Indie Rock. But I've haven't dove much into those last two genres as of late. (Electronic Music covers so many genres, mixing together, I feel like I don't have to stray that far from it.) My taste in music is also a huge influence on my Art.

I would list like 90 artists, but I know nobody really cares, especially not enough to actually look them up and listen to them.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Anything with dynamic chord progression and heavy in 7 and 9 chords.

My ears are spoiled, it's almost like a kink.

Electro/Trance, particulary remixes from Touhou

And also 90's dance music, can't beat the 90's.
    Last edited by Scotty T; Aug 7, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

A castle clouded beyond the mist and rime, in the depths of your mind

Well... Mostly anything bleak, ominous or sad really. But mostly Metal I suppose.

Grew up with 80's rock when I was a teeny tiny little kid, things like Scorpions, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Rainbow/Dio, Queen, Gary Moore, KISS etc, etc. Didn't like it all but I still preferred that 80's stuff to anything else. 'Course, back then I didn't even know what all that was or who they were, but that was the general thing I was drawn to out of all the stuff dad had in his tape collection. (Remember tape anyone? ._.)

Then I sort of forgot about all that, didn't listen to music myself as a kid and dad wasn't around much. Then when I turned 13 I dug out dad's old stuff and listened that through briefly, then started listening to something my cousin was listening to: Power Metal. And as it turned out a lot of people in my new class listened to the same thing so there was a lot of Hammerfall, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Helloween, Edguy, some Ensiferum, Kamelot, Iced Earth, Angra, Dream Evil, Rhapsody, Iron Savior, Sabaton, Nightwish, Astral Doors etc. that people were listening to, and so I listened to a lot of the same stuff. Liked me some early Hammerfall, Kamelot, Iced Earth...
    Such a long time ago now...

Then I had a very very brief stint with Death Metal before moving onto Deathdoom and Funeral Doom which is what I mostly listen to nowadays, exploring Black Metal just a bit too. I really don't understand what I liked about that Power Metal stuff at all!

I also like me some videogame and movie soundtracks, the odd classical piece, been listening to some Neoclassical Dark Wave a bit... I don't know, there's a lot of things left to explore for me and my tastes seem to be diversifying as of late. I like me some folk music too.

And I have thing for add2/add9 chords and sus2 chords if that means anything. Also harmonies (major thirds rock), and tritone abuse. Also love longer songs like 8+ minutes, there's just more room for the song to evolve and breathe, and makes you think more about song structure. A 3-6 minute song feels like a bit of a downer. ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Sure, music listening is nice but have any of you sat down and REALLY listened to your favorite piece of music? Not just Lyrics to music but I mean the actual music? I have fun just sitting down in video games and listening to the music itself. I loved the stuff in the dot hack games, specially the first four....Each phase would have the same background music except one instrument was added in per phase than the previous one and recomposed to fit that new instrument. It was brilliant!
    I do that all the time. Honestly, I don't bother all that much with the lyrics, the music is the main thing for me. I've always been more for instrumental music personally. But I do like me some poetic stuff so when the lyrics are nice I enjoy that too!

And yeah .hack// always seem to have good music, even though I haven't played any of the games!
    Last edited by Ghost Inside; Aug 7, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post

Sure, music listening is nice but have any of you sat down and REALLY listened to your favorite piece of music? Not just Lyrics to music but I mean the actual music? I have fun just sitting down in video games and listening to the music itself. I loved the stuff in the dot hack games, specially the first four....Each phase would have the same background music except one instrument was added in per phase than the previous one and recomposed to fit that new instrument. It was brilliant!
    Every time I listen to music, I try to focus on each individual instrument and identify their meaning in a song. Then I mesh all of that together, and instead of hearing one song, I hear four, five, six different things all becoming one. I love Devin Townsend for this, because he's known to make "walls of sound", and yet, his producing skills are amazing. Some good speakers and a good ear, and you'll get a VERY enjoyable experience. A finely textured wall of sound. I always like to challenge myself and try to find the bass guitar in a song if it's not obvious. Bassists are under-appreciated quite a bit, and I personally LOVE hearing a good bass line.

Right now I'm in to really heavy music, which I can best describe as "chug". Bands like Gojira, though they tend to keep things fresh. Backbone and Flying Whales really get me goin'. I like some smooth things as well though; SpikeOtacon actually set me up with an album by Bohren and der Club of Gore, the album called Sunset Mission. I hate genres, but I like the notion of it; it being "doom jazz". It's a very mellow sounding album on the whole, with a lot of dark ambiance and slow beats. Notes aren't very long or short, they're often held and given a very creepy, lonely feel to them. A good set of speakers really makes it stand out.

I pretty much exclusively listen to Heavy Metal shit and have for years now.

I completely recognize how cheesy most of the shit I listen to is, but that's a huge reason why I love it. Songs about warriors, or slaying a dragon, or riding a STEEL HORSE, or why Metal is the best and you should kill everyone who hates Metal.

A castle clouded beyond the mist and rime, in the depths of your mind

Metal cheese! Great on sandwiches! Goes well with pork!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    I pretty much exclusively listen to Heavy Metal shit and have for years now.

I completely recognize how cheesy most of the shit I listen to is, but that's a huge reason why I love it. Songs about warriors, or slaying a dragon, or riding a STEEL HORSE, or why Metal is the best and you should kill everyone who hates Metal.
    Cheesey metal is best metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Inside View Post
    Metal cheese! Great on sandwiches! Goes well with pork!
    Pork freshly ripped from the enemy.