Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Technique addict! BrotherDarksoul's Avatar

Default Favourite RPG Goodness??

What RPG's are rocking it for you just now???

Obviously PSO and PS series in general are doin' it for me! As well as The Elder Scrolls series, Dragon Age series and Final Fantasy!

Got any suggestions as to good games?? I am always looking for new ways (excuses) to become absorbed by a new adventure!

Try any of the Tales games, I've never played any of the portable ones but Tales of Vesperia for 360 or PS3 is awesome, If you can find it in a store there's Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube and a sequel to it on the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    Try any of the Tales games, I've never played any of the portable ones but Tales of Vesperia for 360 or PS3 is awesome, If you can find it in a store there's Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube and a sequel to it on the Wii.
    Awesome! Thanks! I got kind of stuck in Skyrim and was looking for something a bit more out there to be honest! All that trying to be real was draining me, hence my return to PSO starting a new character.

If you've never played Chrono Trigger, you need to go and play Chrono Trigger.

(You should probably just avoid the PSN version, though, since it has really crappy load times.)

Chrono Trigger is one of those games I'd classify as damn near close to perfect. (Only behind Super Metroid, which is absolutely perfect. Scientific fact, don't bother arguing.)
    It's the game I give to people who wanna get into role-playing games of the Japanese variety.

I've always enjoyed the Phantasy Star games over Final Fantasy because they scratch that itch I have for the sci-fi. The Tales series is largely hit or miss for me. Destiny, Eternia, and Symphonia are the only games I've really liked enough to play more than once.

I'm a big, big LUNAR nerd too. Those games are just fantastic in their simplicity. Sega CD and Saturn/PSX versions.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Ditto Outrider, it's all about Chrono Trigger. I've replayed that game so many times it's ridiculous.

Lunar Silver Star and Lunar Eternal Blue are both amazing.
    Im shocked no one has mentioned the Grandia 1 and 2 because those are ALSO amazing.

Persona 3-4 is one of my more recent rpg favorites, also chrono CROSS is good aswell (and obviously trigger is to).

Most of those games are on psn for $9.99 or less, if you haven't tried them I highly suggest it.
    Last edited by DayDreamer; Aug 6, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Thumbs up

I will defo be trying out Chrono, had a wee look on youtube, looks pretty great! Thanks for the heads up guys!

Chrono Trigger is a classic that almost everyone would recommend.

Some personal favorites of mine (not yet mentioned):
    - Grandia I and II (well, it was mentioned but seconded)
    - Skies of Arcadia (Legends on GC if you can get it)
    - Mario & Luigi series (don't knock it til you try it)
    - Mass Effect series (Western FPS/RPG. Don't let the ending whiners turn you away from this series, especially if you like Dragon Age)
    - Fallout (more partial to I and II, but III and New Vegas are pretty good)
    - Knights of the Old Republic

Brain fart.. there's more I'm missing...
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Not to start this post by saying "Chrono Trigger" so I'm going to start this post by saying "Not to start this post by saying" Because Chrono Trigger is still my favorite RPG of all time.

Now to bring up Chrono Trigger's rival, Another must-play:: Earthbound/Earthbound 2(AKA Mother3 + English patch) I've never played Mother 1 (AKA Earthbound Zero) though.

Then back to my favorites, the legendary Soul Blazer series. Soul Blazer, Legend of Gaia and DEFINITELY Terranigma.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.