Default So apparently the Shadow of the Colossus movie is back on

The movie was announced back in 09 and almost nothing has been heard since so I assumed it was cancelled, but 2 months ago the Chronicle Director was hired to direct it. So I guess it's back on. I'm really glad its happening, because even though it wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out bad at least they're giving it a shot (anything is better than a 0% chance of a good Shadow of the Colossus movie right?).

I'm kind of excited to see that the Chronicle director is making it, Chronicle is one of my favorite movies... but still that's the only movie I've seen him direct and even though it was awesome it's nothing like what the Shadow of the Colossus movie should be. Well I guess we'll see just how varied of a director he can be.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I dunnooo...

I guess I can imagine the cinematics, if a lot of scenes are anything like the scene where they played foot ball in the sky.

But that game being a movie in general...

Ehn...

Speaking of this, and another thread... How many non-animated video game based movies were successful again? @_@

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

none sir. none

Silent Hill and Hitman movie where actually pretty good

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

No way in hell you can make a decent movie out of Shadow of the Colossus.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    No way in hell you can make a decent movie out of Shadow of the Colossus.
    why not? obviously it wouldn't just be the game thrown on screen, perhaps take the colossi number down to 4 or 5, have a primary actor who's very good with body language and looks a bit pitiful. then put a director who is a fan of the game and knows how to handle tragedy and atmosphere, and we could easily see a great movie. I know this director can handle tragedy, we'll have to see if he can handle the atmosphere of Shadow of the Colossus too. and I also know he was a fan of the game, honestly this is shaping up very nicely.