Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default I want to be part of this community, but I don't know how.

So since people on this board are tired of the same questions being asked over and over and over... I'm sure over the period of many months, anger is the natural reaction.

But these people should also be thankful that their community is trying to grow, and these new people are not familiar with the advanced search tools that the board may offer... or that their question is indeed not new, but is actually something asked many months ago and repeatedly afterwards.

I wanted to be part of this community, but there is simply too much anger. I'm literally scared to ask any questions at all at this point. I don't see how I can gain a sense of community here and make friends when everyone just wants you to help yourself, and they don't seem to want new people to join them.

I want to talk about this game openly, as I love chat boards (I spend more time on chat boards than playing games), but I feel I must become an expert of the game and discover what people actually TALK about here, before I can become part of this community. So... yah... I guess it isn't going to happen.
    Darichian
    Ranger (Main)
    Ship 2, block 20/21

Don't worry, I've been here forever and I feel extremely detached from the "community" myself. Doesn't help being E-socially awkward.
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

>I want to be part of this community, but I don't know how.

You just solved your own issue by posting this, lol.

Thank you for this.

Depends a lot what questions you're asking, but to be fair, searching before posting is just general forum procedure 101.

Not that it justifies their reactionary posts, but it is common sense for the most part to search and see if your answer already exists rather than have to waste time waiting on someone to answer.

Would it not be better for you as well if you could find your answer right away rather than wait?

If anything, I would say joining the Mumble server or just asking in game would be the more efficient way if you want an answer in real time.

I don't know if you noticed but most of the threads on this forum are complete useless trash and people who enjoy playing dolly dress up rather than any actual game knowledge =/

ask whatever you want

if people get mad, insult them

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    >I want to be part of this community, but I don't know how.

You just solved your own issue by posting this, lol.
    I dont blame him for doubting, though....but yes, he's on board now, just dont sink the boat too soon!
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

Quote Originally Posted by zemog View Post
    So since people on this board are tired of the same questions being asked over and over and over... I'm sure over the period of many months, anger is the natural reaction.

But these people should also be thankful that their community is trying to grow, and these new people are not familiar with the advanced search tools that the board may offer... or that their question is indeed not new, but is actually something asked many months ago and repeatedly afterwards.

I wanted to be part of this community, but there is simply too much anger. I'm literally scared to ask any questions at all at this point. I don't see how I can gain a sense of community here and make friends when everyone just wants you to help yourself, and they don't seem to want new people to join them.

I want to talk about this game openly, as I love chat boards (I spend more time on chat boards than playing games), but I feel I must become an expert of the game and discover what people actually TALK about here, before I can become part of this community. So... yah... I guess it isn't going to happen.
    Honestly, I think this is an issue you should PM to all moderators and the administrators (including Ryna and Tomeeboy.)

Even I can't stand reading a lot of the topics around here these days because it seems everyone has a stick up their ass about something and either can't just be helpful or discuss anything in a non-argumentative manner.

In fact, hell with it, I'm going to PM this post to them myself.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crysteon View Post
    I dont blame him for doubting, though....but yes, he's on board now, just dont sink the boat too soon!
    I thought it was pretty self-explanatory, really. You want to be a part of the community? Just post like anybody else would.

There ya go. You're part of the community. While making guides and contributing in a much bigger fashion would make you a bigger part of the community, posting input in threads doesn't make you any less part of the community (or any less important I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    In fact, hell with it, I'm going to PM this post to them myself.
    what are they gonna do about it? delete half the board?