Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Laxedrane View Post
    I personally find making my character look exactly like I want him to. Either saving up for or getting the weapons I want to complete his style. Also, finally, playing with friends bullshitting laughing and just generally enjoying what's going on instead of worrying about the fine details very satisfying.

That's me though and I appreciate people have different taste, so just like I wouldn't say you should be happy becuase I am happy with the way the game playing out. You shouldn't blanketly say the game completely unsatisfying to everyone becuase it's not hard enough for you.

Quite frankly it's kind of sega fault for not properly implementing the content with people progression rate in mind. If the first ark mission requires 35 the same start requirement as the mines. Then obviously the area is going to feel easy to people who been 40... For how long now? Complete with their pimped armor, builds now down to a science, and weapons affixed to the max.

I'll letcha know if I feel it's to easy as someone coming fresh into 35 with no help from another high level class. Maybe I'll be on your side.(I still wouldn't call the game unsatisfying though) However if I remember my pso right. The first real big jump in difficulty levels wasn't until you hit very hard. So maybe it's time to hold out for that?
    I understand your POV Laxedrane. I can understand people enjoy games for different reasons, but mind seeing this not only from my POV, but objectively towards the game's succes and lifespan. If everything is so easy, people will lose interest quick. Frankly it's boring, it's boring to even those aren't that good at the game.

I am lvl 36 myself and I play little because the cap is so low. So I looked forward to this new content and I notice a slight line going up with each area when it comes to difficulty. But at some point you wanna feel some progression, especially at the 6th area. 6th for god sakes, we've had our learning curve allready. We allready know how the mechanics work, we've mastered it, now challenge us for god sakes. Make us earn our high exp and good loot. Make us fucking earn it allready!!
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; Aug 8, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

The area itself is really cool, very well designed. Quartz Dragon is a really fun fight as well.

However, I realise that it's on the same planet as Caves, but almost every enemy there is just a blue version of a Caves enemy. The blue version of Caterdra'n doesn't even seem to be any different in regards to moveset other than maybe being faster. Great area but it's a bit spoiled by the lazy selection of enemies.

Edit: As far as difficulty goes, remember we only have Hard mode currently. Still a long way to go yet.
    Last edited by Neith; Aug 8, 2012 at 06:32 PM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Yeah, it seems like the monsters are everyone's biggest complaint. In Mines, the Spartans were reused heavily and the Gilchich was from Desert, but it was a fairly rare enemy in Desert. There were 5 all-new enemy types (exploding Spartan, Sino, 2 types of Guardian, and Gilnach) and two all-new bosses. The flying islands have 2 new enemy types: little ball-shooting dragon and flying dragon, and one new boss. Personally, I'dve been happy if they'd replaced the dragon-people enemies from Caves with ones using different weapons. Say, instead of sword, launcher, rod, they could've done double-saber, talis, and mechguns. That way, it wouldn't just be a straight-up reskin but also wouldn't require completely-from-scratch new models.

One of these days, I'm going to learn the names of all the monsters. I know most of them, I swear!
    Appropriate use of launcher!
    [Ship 9] Rowe: Hu22 / Ra40 / Fo30 / Gu8 [Team: Busters (Leader)]

Confusion vs Quartz Dragon is pretty rough.

i had to tone down the screen the new area gave me headaches :/ too bright.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post

Edit: As far as difficulty goes, remember we only have Hard mode currently. Still a long way to go yet.
    Do you even play any other games? Because you'll notice the normal mode is usually the overall balanced mode with reasonable challenge. This WAS the case in PSO1 or even slightly in PSU and portable. And your excuse is, we are still at hard mode? Are you serious? Hard mode doesn't even feel like a normal mode, but an easy mode. Take in mind that I do like the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    little ball-shooting dragon and flying dragon, and one new boss
    Don't forget about the flying fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    Do you even play any other games? Because you'll notice the normal mode is usually the overall balanced mode with reasonable challenge. This WAS the case in PSO1 or even slightly in PSU and portable. And your excuse is, we are still at hard mode? Are you serious? Hard mode doesn't even feel like a normal mode, but an easy mode. Take in mind that I do like the bosses.
    Probably thinking of the PSO-style progression...

So Normal -> Hard -> Very Hard -> Ultimate

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Reminds me of a daily i do in a mmo on a questionnaire, had the answer "You can't make everyone happy all the time"
    What is up with people jumping on anyone that expresses any sort of dissatisfaction? The game is far from perfect, get over it. There's nothing wrong with discussing ways it can be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    What is up with people jumping on anyone that expresses any sort of dissatisfaction? The game is far from perfect, get over it. There's nothing wrong with discussing ways it can be better.
    Yup, nothing wrong with it. The problems usually start when people see a differing opinion as someone calling them wrong, and then flames and insults stem from there.