Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default What happened to beasts?

Am I the only one who misses beasts? I'm not too big on the PS lore so if anybody knowledgeable enough to fill me in on the details, please do so.

PSO2 is lacking some serious beast action.
    So apparently I have been told that it's 2014. When did this happen? Aren't I still 5 years old watching episodes of Spongebob and the Amanda show?

This should stay as far away from PSU as possible.

To put it simply, PSO and PSU take place in different parts of the universe.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by CultOfPersonality View Post
    This should stay as far away from PSU as possible.
    Quit being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    I ate them.
    Don't post if you can't give a clear answer, please...
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...

To be honest I do miss them and initially I wanted them in PSO2. I got pretty excited when people found Beast and Duman data in the alpha client.

But there are a few reasons I don't really want them in anymore.

1. the 'limit breaks' of PSU (Nanoblasts, SUVs, summons) have been replaced with Photon Blasts. If beasts can't transform then they lose half of their appeal.

2. As of the last PSU installments (PsPo2) Beasts stats were altered to be high in attack but not the highest in Defense, instead they were given beefed up 'Agility' to (I guess) make them seem more like feral animals and less like meatshields, it actually balanced out the classes but in a game where you manually dodge every attack, I can't really see what their forte would be.

3. A lot of people seem to be happy with the 3 current races, for whatever reason, whether it's that they feel the current spread is balanced, they didn't like the look or concept of beasts, or that they're irrational PSO purists that want the game to stick as close to PSO1 as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    To put it simply, PSO and PSU take place in different parts of the universe.
    They should send a spaceship filled with beasts to PSO's universe, then!

May interest you to know that the game got more internal references to both Dewmans and Beasts in the last update, though Dewmans having their own listed stats and referenced heavily in character creation data while Beasts are just referenced by name thus far. I suspect they got much more work done on Dewmans at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizz3112 View Post
    Don't post if you can't give a clear answer, please...
    I thought that was pretty clear, honestly.