Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default So i logged and got harrassed by non-JP friends..

At risk of being yelled at

Logged back in for a second session of PSO2 (Played earlier, no problems or grief after the patch). However the second time i logged in i got a few messages from non-Japanese friends on my list (Mostly Chinese / korean). English was sketchy but they told me that lots of their friends can no longer play. This came from three different people who im pretty sure don't know each other. Not sure if people have had similar experiences nor am i trying to spook anyone. But i figured it's something that needs asking. Obviously, we all know about the TOS edit on Sega JA's behalf, this isn't another one of those threads. Im posting because people are starting to tell me that friends are no longer able to log in and im curious as to whether or not any of you have had the same experience.

There's one.

The "cheater" remark was aimed at me, because im still able to log in. Not to be confused with suggesting that "cheaters" were banned.
    Last edited by Pogs; Aug 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM.

IMO it just seems like someones playing a joke on you. I have yet to hear of anyone being banned.

People are probably just trying to cause pandemonium for amusement (you know like we always see on the forums).

I'd agree usually but i've known and played with these people for a while..

As long as you not annoying JP enough for them to feel like report you then there won't be any issue.

edit: nvm, that, it seem you edit OP, well in this case, since they are also non-JP they can't report you also.
    Last edited by Arika; Aug 9, 2012 at 10:16 PM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

And you call these people your friends...

Are they from Nice Korea or Naughty Korea?
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

This is news to me. For the time being, take it with a grain of salt.

Well, that's my suggestion, anyway.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

I can imagine they're pinning whatever blame for a possible region lock on JP PSO2 on people that aren't from the region.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Yeah i see your point Pogs. But why would your friends be harassing you and calling you a cheater for not being banned? Also if those Chinese and Korean friends of yours aren't living in Japan either, then they should also have been banned under their logic.

Well take it how you want. It won't really change anything anyways.

I just know that neither I nor any of the other non Japanese players I know have been banned yet.

They could have been reading about the hysteria online and don't actually know if people got banned. There could also be people who assumed they were banned because they didn't bother to update or try logging in. They might even be assuming they're banned because the patch takes such a long time.

You're certain the "cheater" remark wasn't directed at the people who were banned? It seems strange to call you a "cheater" for NOT getting banned.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    They could have been reading about the hysteria online and don't actually know if people got banned. There could also be people who assumed they were banned because they didn't bother to update or try logging in. They might even be assuming they're banned because the patch takes such a long time.

You're certain the "cheater" remark wasn't directed at the people who were banned? It seems strange to call you a "cheater" for NOT getting banned.
    It was in the context of sarcasm (i think, honestly you can never be too sure with broken English).

Hysteria is possible, i did spend some time questioning and correcting the whole "IP BAN" yelling - I've personally seen nothing official on it nor has anyone else to my knowledge, anywho, thought i'd ask.

Sidenote. Why are Catadranra (Or whatever, blue ones) drops broken?