Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default What's the best PA for Partizan?

What's the best partizan PA for regular parties and bosses?

The Two-Tailed Fox boy Fox2Tails's Avatar

All of them

Credit to MissMalice

Quote Originally Posted by CultOfPersonality View Post
    What's the best partizan PA for regular parties and bosses?
    If I was being facetious, then I would be mentioning how trick rave is best for ranged enemies and the one with the highest attack power is the best.
    But what are you really looking for? "Best" is so subjective and situational that you will probably get lots of different answers and quite possibly ignite another flame war.
    If you want my suggestion, take your time in trying to use them all. Figure out how they can be applied and then determine what suits your need from there. When I play hunter, what I normally have on my partisans is slide shaker, speed rain and trick rave, yet raising flag has the bonus of throwing enemies into the air, so is that really something other than "best"?

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

I use Speed Rain + Slide Shaker + Trick Rave, can't find a better combo to my liking so far though Slide Shaker can be replaced the easiest for me.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

What's good about Trick Rave?

Speed Rain is the obvious best PA, it destroys everything in any situation. Slide Shaker is also good.
    Pick-up Throw has good one-on-one damage output and can grab enemies.

Speed Rain for AoE

Aerial Bandersnatch for DPS

Trick Rave because the name says it all.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

All situational. My setup is Speed Rain, Trick Rave, and Flag Rising. Speed Rain is pretty obvious, Trick Rave does great damage once you realize it's a cylinder AoE attack and not PBAoE, and Flag Rising doesn't do a ton of damage but it's a *great* set-up move. My usual combo involves Step Attack > Flag Rising > Speed Rain > Trick Rave for normal mobs. Flag Rising can knock up a whole group, Speed Rain keeps them juggled while doing nice damage, and if necessary Trick Rave can finish them off.

For bosses I'm all about the Speed Rain. Keep a little distance and let loose on weak points. My only issue is that you can't guard-cancel out of it, but I mostly dodge anyway.

Slide Shaker is a really great PA, but with my other AoEs I thought it was best to replace it. Peak Throw is extremely strong as a single-target PA but I prefer Trick Rave on single targets because it hits 6 times and should equal the damage Throw does anyway, from my own testing. Bandersnatch is good if you want to play it safe.

I always use Speed Rain on a Speed Rain Spamming Device personally

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    What's good about Trick Rave?
    The giant vertical AoE that prioritizes weakpoints.

I run with Rising Flag, Zenith Throw, and Bandersnatch most of the time. Mostly because it just looks really badass to toss an enemy into the air, three-hit-combo-and-throw them, and then follow up with three more hits and a defensive backstep.

Not so great for bosses, though, so I switch out Zenith Throw for either Trick Rave or Speed Rain. I never use Slide Shaker. Why? It's slow. Does less damage than speed rain, ticks less often. Yeah, it's a nice PBAoE, but that's about it. Also, it's boring. Well, Speed Rain is also boring, hence why I only use it for bosses...