Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 10011408V3.9 View Post
    Highly dependent on what you're fighting really.

Unlike sword, one cannot guard-cancel out of a ground-based partisan PA (you can in air though).

Speed Rain is good AoE (as numerous others have stated) but it's stiff and requires a minimum distance away from certain enemies and maybe correct position as well to get the best effect (example: Micdas). It's range and rapid-fire nature can also prove a liability against certain mobs that can guard as it will knock you out of the entire combo (example: Ga Wonda and Sil Dinian/sa).

Trick Rave is, overall, a good PA but it's a bit on the long side to fully execute so it can leave you open.

I don't really like Zenith/Pickup Throw as the most dangerous mobs are the ones immune to the limited CC that it provides on top of it's own short range.

Side Shaker is situational. That's it, it's good for AoEing packs in a full-360 but usually you can position yourself also for Speed Rain and, due to Speed Rain's straight-line nature, that makes it more intuitive. Though, Side Shaker does have the advantage of providing a knockdown at the end if it's done all the way, but that doesn't happen as nearly as much as I'd like. Suggestion is to use Side Shaker in the air as you can do a little movement while you're whirling so it might make sense as a good anti-air move along with Trick Rave.

I'm a fan of Rising Flag and Bandersnatch in combination as you can time the bandersnatch after knocking the target into the to slap them with all 3 hits. Both of them are also fairly quick to execute compared to the other PAs.
    I'm actually thinking of only having these 2 abilities on the palette. Not sure which order yet... Maybe Rising Flag > Bandersnatch > Rising Flag. This allows for ground combo Bandersnatch > Rising Flag and the air combo Rising Flag > Bandersnatch.

I really think the Partisan is PP thirsty so having 2 low-cost abilities may end up actually increasing your dps. though in the end i dont care about dps, i just like to have fun

edit: speaking of the weapon palette does anyone know how to only have 2 abilities on? I know i can put a repeat of the ability but i always want Rising Flag > Bandersnatch. If i put Rising Flag > Bandersnatch > Rising Flag on the pallet then at the end of the combo i'd have Rising Flag>Bandersnatch>Rising Flag> Rising Flag > Bandersnatch. is there a way to keep it as Rising Flag > Bandersnatch? God i feel like im not making sense here, hope someone understands :<
    Last edited by Silver Crow; Aug 9, 2012 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    I'm actually thinking of only having these 2 abilities on the palette. Not sure which order yet... Maybe Rising Flag > Bandersnatch > Rising Flag. This allows for ground combo Bandersnatch > Rising Flag and the air combo Rising Flag > Bandersnatch.

I really think the Partisan is PP thirsty so having 2 low-cost abilities may end up actually increasing your dps. though in the end i dont care about dps, i just like to have fun

edit: speaking of the weapon palette does anyone know how to only have 2 abilities on? I know i can put a repeat of the ability but i always want Rising Flag > Bandersnatch. If i put Rising Flag > Bandersnatch > Rising Flag on the pallet then at the end of the combo i'd have Rising Flag>Bandersnatch>Rising Flag> Rising Flag > Bandersnatch. is there a way to keep it as Rising Flag > Bandersnatch? God i feel like im not making sense here, hope someone understands :<
    Wait so you just want Rising flag and bander snatch only o.o

I note that Speed Rain is the best PA for partisan, damage-wise, but I personally like Slide Shaker for functionality and Zenith Throw for flare.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I got 2 pallets for partizan. One for pure speed rain and another for pure slide shaker. interesting eh. pure speed rain seems to be the best dps and it has a pretty big ass range. slide shaker is just for when you catch yourself surrounded

Depends on the mob. So it's hard to say for me at least
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Partisan pallets I have used:

1). Speed Rain->Speed Rain->Speed Rain - for certain bosses, or MPA, or speed runs, when I am less concerned about style than just mowing everything down.

2). Trick Rave -> Bandersnatch -> Bandersnatch - for certain other bosses. No, I am not actually comboing Trick Rave into Bandersnatch, I just do single Just Trick Raves (off of step attack, of course) against bosses like Vol Dragon. Putting Bandersnatch on the other two gives me a pallet where I can do Step Attack -> Just Attack -> Bandersnatch -> Bandersnatch, which has its uses as the PP cost is low and it's fairly quick, and if something doesn't die I can finish it with Trick Rave.

3). Zenith Throw -> Speed Rain -> Zenith Throw - this is my Breeahda/Garongo/El Ahre button. For things that you need to keep knocked down constantly so they don't get really annoying.

4). Slide Shaker -> Zenith Throw -> Slide Shaker - for when I get tired of spamming Speed Rain and need some AoE.

I've experimented with other combinations, but these are the ones I keep coming back to.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

I really like the Trick Rave > Speed Rain > Slide Shaker setup. Handles a lot of different situations very nicely. Sometimes I'll replace Slide Shaker with Zenith Throw, especially in the Desert to keep robot spiders from shooting and completely dominate El Adhas because they can't handle that ZT shit: bonk, bonk, ZT, bonk, bonk, ZT, repeat until dead.

Trick Rave is also awesome because it charges gear and seems to aim at weakpoints.

Also jump cancelling Slide Shaker into a block is great in a lot of situations.

Speed Rain, all day every day.

I use Pickup Throw, Speed Rain and Slide Shaker. I've never been a fan of Trick Rave at all and I personally don't think Rising Flag and Bandersnatch are worth using (Bandersnatch in particular is an awful PA).

I honestly think Speed Rain will end up getting nerfed though because of how good it is (as was the way with PSU Majarra etc) but even with a nerf I think it'll be a solid PA. Being able to hit Ragne's weak point without knocking him down is great.

Sidenote, not sure why the English Patch called Pick-Up Throw 'Zenith' throw. I can only assume they mistranslated it as 'peak', but surely reading 'peak-up' would hint towards pickup being the correct name.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

I use all the PAs.
    Using the same PAs over and over get tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I use all the PAs.
    Using the same PAs over and over get tedious.
    No =P

I love how people are like "oh it's all about the situation you are in..."

That's ****ing bs right there. xDDD

Speed rain pretty much does it all. Speed Rain, Speed Rain Trick Rave is my setup.

Seriously I have not come to a point were i'm like "Oh speed rain doesn't work here..."