Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

considering the amount of people who are still vehemently against being on the NA servers for [insert reason here], i don't think that assessment of psow's reaction would be that far off.

i mean... look what happened when people actually misread the initial announcement.

we all knew we could get banned when we started playing

i hope nobody would actually be surprised if it happened

also i can buy ac so even the great and infallible sakai is wrong~

But... but... my JP friends helped me write him a letter...

Sakai... read my letter... onegai!! T_T lol

I say it's political bullshit.

Ever held a job and had a manager ask to see you? Then the manager says "several people who shall remain nameless reported you undertaking action x"

Then one of two things happen,

A) you either suck it up and deal with being told of by a manager who has no written evidence, nor is compelled to produce any unnamed person, but in the end you are penalized and made to believe you did something wrong.

Or

B) You tell them you have the right to face your accuser and such person is not produced or nothing in writing is produced that you will take civil action. You remind the manager that since its a formal inquiry into your actions, that your rights allow you to question anything.

I actually feel that Sakai is just making a business move in Japan to appease the Japanese audience of the game by stating that a majority of problems are from overseas gamers, which I do not believe. Japanese are not angels, specially in video games, but Sakai is never going to say that Japanese cause problems because it would be like catering to foreigners and making Sakai to look like a traitor.

I do not believe he has any real evidence outside of a few examples that do not amount to anything major. Prepare to be eternally screwed...

However, Sakai did admit to knowing that overseas gamer do exist and that their money has been taken so unlike psujp where many went in and hid their identity in the registration form, the international court can be used to run a class action lawsuit against SEGA of Japan. The accusation would be knowingly closing up a software package to foreigners, knowing they have already legitimately applied and had money taken..

Sorry but a "for use in Japan only" sticker does not have higher precedence than the international court system they signed into as part of the surrender in the second world war.

You would not be suing because you can't play pso2. You would be suing because they know you paid your money into their system and did so by legitimately filling out the form and processing your card without applying safeguards, then simply expelling you later because of being a foreigner.

By international patent laws and product laws, a user registered to a game is subject to the first end user licensing agreement and TOS, not a changed agreement to apply against foreigners. If a user is a terminated without the game going down permanently or from simply a change in the TOS which invalidates certain players, not only are the gamer entitled to have their money refunded, they can seek punitive damages for discrimination.

And once again, one doesn't need a lawyer, the hearing alone prior to the trial and presenting the information is all a judge needs to see foul play and the law is so clear ad judiciary precedence is so solid a jury isn't needed to render a verdict in the matter.

I would just take all the information that you have including copies of the old Eula/TOS and bank statements as well, compile it all and combine it with sakai's message and declaration along with the updated TOS and fight it.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I say it's political bullshit.

Ever held a job and had a manager ask to see you? Then the manager says "several people who shall remain nameless reported you undertaking action x"

Then one of two things happen,

A) you either suck it up and deal with being told of by a manager who has no written evidence, nor is compelled to produce any unnamed person, but in the end you are penalized and made to believe you did something wrong.

Or

B) You tell them you have the right to face your accuser and such person is not produced or nothing in writing is produced that you will take civil action. You remind the manager that since its a formal inquiry into your actions, that your rights allow you to question anything.

I actually feel that Sakai is just making a business move in Japan to appease the Japanese audience of the game by stating that a majority of problems are from overseas gamers, which I do not believe. Japanese are not angels, specially in video games, but Sakai is never going to say that Japanese cause problems because it would be like catering to foreigners and making Sakai to look like a traitor.

I do not believe he has any real evidence outside of a few examples that do not amount to anything major. Prepare to be eternally screwed...

However, Sakai did admit to knowing that overseas gamer do exist and that their money has been taken so unlike psujp where many went in and hid their identity in the registration form, the international court can be used to run a class action lawsuit against SEGA of Japan. The accusation would be knowingly closing up a software package to foreigners, knowing they have already legitimately applied and had money taken..

Sorry but a "for use in Japan only" sticker does not have higher precedence than the international court system they signed into as part of the surrender in the second world war.

You would not be suing because you can't play pso2. You would be suing because they know you paid your money into their system and did so by legitimately filling out the form and processing your card without applying safeguards, then simply expelling you later because of being a foreigner.

By international patent laws and product laws, a user registered to a game is subject to the first end user licensing agreement and TOS, not a changed agreement to apply against foreigners. If a user is a terminated without the game going down permanently or from simply a change in the TOS which invalidates certain players, not only are the gamer entitled to have their money refunded, they can seek punitive damages for discrimination.

And once again, one doesn't need a lawyer, the hearing alone prior to the trial and presenting the information is all a judge needs to see foul play and the law is so clear ad judiciary precedence is so solid a jury isn't needed to render a verdict in the matter.

I would just take all the information that you have including copies of the old Eula/TOS and bank statements as well, compile it all and combine it with sakai's message and declaration along with the updated TOS and fight it.
    Thats all fine and dandy but theres a problem with that lawsuit thing of yours..... Its gonna back fire cause most people have made fraudulent addresses upon registration so good luck with telling the court house about that.
    Last edited by Vintasticvin; Aug 10, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjotron View Post
    They don't really lose money on a per-transaction basis. That's not the problem they're having.

Lets say player X in Japan and player Y in the US both bought an equivalent amount of Arks Cash, and they both used proper Visa credit cards. The kind of processing used for this kind of transaction would mean that SEGA would get a very similar amount of revenue from both purchases.

This is how it should work, in theory, with the right kind of card. But that's in theory. In reality, a number of other factors enter into the equation when you don't set this up right. In reality, the transaction is not between you and SEGA. It's between your bank or credit card company and SoJ's billing system, which is either internal and built for local transactions or a local contractor. And there are myriad safeguards in place on the institutional level when you use credit cards to make international transactions with a distant vendor set up primarily to handle domestic charges. There are several layers of fraud protection that have been set up either for your protection or because legislation demands it.

In the above scenario, lots of banks have systems which will either A. flag the charges and disallow them during the charge process if they fit a specific patterns, or B. flag the charges and cancel them after the fact at a later date. It wouldn't happen if SEGA had set up their billing properly to handle international transactions, but they haven't. Why would they? They had no reason to assume any significant number of people would import. This is a big reason why many people could not use certain cards, and it's also the reason many people saw charges for purchases coming back to them while they kept the AC. It wasn't SEGA being generous and asking you to have your money back.

Well, guess what? SEGA noticed every time your money went back to you. And in most of those cases, they ended up with a casual inquiry pointed at them from the other end asking what the deal was. These things have to be dealt with for a reputable business, and it's a pain in the ass considering they've already lost money when it happens. And it sounds like they think a bunch of us are deliberately doing it, asking for chargebacks after buying AC, assuming SEGA can't do anything. I'd say it's mostly unintentional, but they lose time and money either way, so they're within their rights to cut us off.

But that's not the problem. As has been mentioned many times, you don't have to pay directly with your card. There are vendors in Asia with services similar to paypal who you can use. You pay a little extra, and SEGA doesn't suffer a big hassle. Problem solved.

The real problem is the impending IP block. And I say impending because there are only two possibilities. Either Sakai is bluffing and will never do it (which I personally doubt), or it will happen with 100% certainty within the next few months.

For all of the talk of importing being the golden way to play, the American PSO2 import community seems to be contain the absolute worst segment of the PSO community at large. Yes, I'm only talking about 10% of us; the remaining 90% are just average gamers trying to have fun. But in this case, it's a 10% so brazenly trollish and annoying that they do enough to color a group twenty times their size.

I think we need to openly talk about this at this point. I've played dozens of MMO's over more than ten years. I've seen horrible, nonstop trolling. I've heard people spout racist spam and nonstop garbage without pause in League of Legends ranked games and WoW trade chat, and I've seen far worse than that in small MMO's. Heck, I played Diablo 1 online for a long time, and I watched people use hacks on me which either killed me instantly or crashed my game, sometimes costing me all of my items. And somehow this one segment of the PSO2 community, particularly the entitled weaboo spammers who think they're an indispensable part of PSO fandom and history, are the most annoying players I've ever seen in any online game, without exaggeration. I would say they're not malicious, but I think many of us have noticed a sharp increase in the amount of elitist venom flowing through the PSO2 forums these days, usually from the same "I'm a PSO god" kind of people. It's a poisonous attitude to have.

And to understand why this means we're almost definitely cooked, you should understand the tone Sakai is taking. This isn't a warning shot "lets be reasonable in the future" kind of warning he gave us. Japanese culture dictates that a person like him be endlessly apologetic and assume all responsibility for ills the players suffer. If you read their releases regularly, you'll see an apology every few lines for every small problem, and if he forgets to apologize for something one day, he will literally apologize for forgetting to apologize the next time. For him to come out and speak in the way he's speaking basically means we're already five steps onto the plank, and he's ready with his sword at our backs to push us over at any moment.
    Preach. And thank you.
    Last edited by Sierhiet; Aug 10, 2012 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    so food luck with telling the court house about that.
    I want some food luck.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Bottom line is, I don't want to get banned. I don't want some asshole screwing my experience up for me. After playing for 15 days worth of game time, it's not something that I'm really going to be pleased about.

I believe the sky is falling! Sounds similar to FFXI in some aspects but, no IP banning.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I want some food luck.
    >_< I meant to have good not food! But yeah Have fun telling the court of justice about your fraud addresses.