Default Crash on updating (After newly installing)

Basically, when I download the game, I install it (In the default folder, not moving it), and I launch the shortcut on the desktop, I get this :

http://i50.tinypic.com/14tq3ww.jpg

Then, when I press the button, this appear for a short moment before closing itself :

http://i50.tinypic.com/168zerm.jpg

From what I've read, I thought it was simply downloading the new launcher, but...The new files can't be opened anymore.

pso2download.exe and pso2launcher.exe are both iconless, and worthless ; it shows up a pop-up saying that Windows can't find the access to the file, or the file itself (Can't show you the direct pop-up since it's written in french ; I don't think you'd understand, but I'll post it if you insist). I noticed both of them have a pso2(name).exe.bak file, as well as the pso2updater.exe (That one still has its icon, but when I open it, no pop-up, nothing. Just seems to load something for not even a quarter of a second, then stops, nothing shows up)

Anyway, I dunno what else to say. I am in Canada (A french canadian to be exact, in Québec), I'm using Windows 7, 64-bit and...Well, everything else seems top-notch.

You need to figure out what crash actually means. Those were pretty much success messages. A crash is when an application terminates abnormally.

What has seemed to have happened is that the file system permissions for the launcher have been removed for the file. This seems to happen quite a bit on systems set to non-Japanese settings. (Since Windows 7 is multi lingual, the only real difference between different languages is the UI which is easily replacable and has no bearing on most things, the system locale, the numbers and formats and input locale). It is these being set to non Japanese is the problem, PSO2 is a Japanese game afterall, and it is well known that any games can have problems running with language settings set to something that it doesn't expect.

Anyway, the easy way to fix this is to just reset the file system permissions back to what they were, and this is easy. Find pso2launcher.exe and pso2download.exe. For each of these files do the following.
    1) Right click on the file and select properties.
    2) In the window that appears go to the security tab.
    3) On this tab, select the Advanced button at the bottom.
    4) On the window that appears, click Change Permissions.
    5) Make sure that the checkbox near the bottom of that window is checked.
    6) On all windows that appeared, click the OK button.

Yes, these are instructions on how to do it for English versions of Windows. But the method is the same for all versions, so you just have to translate.

Wow! Thank you so much! <3

I don't know japanese at all, so don't expect me to know what is correct or not when it comes to japanese pop-ups. The only reason I'm -trying- to play it is because I liked the one on DS and that a friend of mine is trying to get me and another person to play with him.