Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Rooms

Another room to fill with laundry machines, cosmo fountains, foul-mouthed parrots and lilipas? Count me in!

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    Are you trying to summon forth the .hackers?
    haha they already did, I was a member of the .hackers team, it got really inactive though so I just left.

Quote Originally Posted by SaiKo View Post
    I'm actually not a fan of the idea of guilds/teams simply due to what they tend to do to game communities in my experience (Hello, arbitrarily-established insularity), so when a game DOESN'T have them, I consider it a selling point. Granted, since I'm treating PSO2 as essentially a solo affair anyway, it doesn't matter as much here, but I can say that the lack of 'Teams' was one of the few positives that caught my eye with PSU...
    I'm not trying to say your ideas are wrong or anything, but why play an online game? In my experience offline single player games tend to be more fun, except for the comradery and ability to play with other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnet_Moon View Post
    Another room to fill with cosmo fountains
    This better be released in the next Fun Scratch. Seriously
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    I'm not trying to say your ideas are wrong or anything, but why play an online game? In my experience offline single player games tend to be more fun, except for the comradery and ability to play with other people.
    If you're referring to the "Why play an online game if you dislike guilds?" bit, it's because I like the idea of playing with the entire community and not having everyone arbitrarily divide themselves into cliques that they hold in higher esteem than everyone else. Basically, my philosophy is to play with everyone, find the individuals you enjoy playing with, play with those people, find the ones amongst those you get along with the best, and eventually settle down on a group you enjoy playing with the most.
    So basically, let a group form naturally by experiencing the entire community... In my experience guilds work the other way around. It becomes about the 'group' that someone just happens to join for whatever reason, and the individuals simply come along with it. And I'm not fond of that... I can't tell you how irked I'd get in Guild Wars with the "**** PuGs. Guild groups or GTFO" mentality that arose.

But anyway...
    If you're asking why I play this game if I'm going to solo...

A) The PSO name. As I've mentioned before, I don't actually enjoy the game too much, and I don't feel the structure its chosen lends itself to group play being all that fun. Had it not been called PSO2, I wouldn't have given this game a second glance, but it is, and I've installed it and put time into it, so meh... :-/

2) Convenience... The above would hold true for this game only, but in truth, I played GW and AIKA as pretty much solo affairs as well... In the case of the former, it was more because of the guild mentality that made PuGging difficult (especially with its structure being what it was) and the fact that I was simply playing to unlock HoM rewards and GWAMM for GW2 which was better done solo. In the case of AIKA, it was again associated with the guild-heavy community and the fact that I could go at the pace I desired a lot more readily on my own (plus my disdain for PvP which was a huge focus of the game). So I just did my own thing and generally treated the multiplayer aspect as being "Community AH and Chatroom".

III) Weird quirk. If you don't want to get into how neurotic I am, just leave it at that. >_>
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by SaiKo; Aug 12, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Resanoca View Post
    If said team is big enough, does it expand and get its own field area?
    That would be awesome. Like .hack//GU
    PSO2:
    Kirukia/Mistral
    Ship 2
    Gun Valkyrie

Team Rooms != Lobby Clean up huehue!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by eharima View Post
    Team Rooms = Lobby Clean up
    If that happens, I really can't complain. (yes, I know I edited it, but still.)
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Hmmm, I love teams. Obviously. But, I haven't made one on PSO2... yet.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

@Saiko, I was refering to "Why play online games, if you're going to treat it as a solo affair", so A answered it for me. I also have to say I understand becoming distanced from where the industry is heading, as I personally find myself liking fewer and fewer new console games.