Angry Reloading my memory card

I just got a brand new copy of PSO Ver 2 for my Dreamcast. I went to play, it asked me to reload my memory cards and my character from Ver 1 never came up. Is there anything that I need to do to make this work? Secondly, my DC never asked for the key codes that I was supposed to put in. Could this be a possible problem to my character problem?

When you create a char in a dreamcast, a special "link" is made between the two, the SNAK used is stored on the vmu and on the dreamcast.
    Everytime you pick up your vmu and insert it to play, the game verifies if the SNAK in the vmu and the dreamcast is the same, if it is then you are clear to proceed, if not then it will lock the save.
    This lock tells you that the char needs to be reloaded (PSOv2 US) or it will say it's corrupted and you need to reload (PSO v2 EU)

When you pick up a new dc there are 2 sittuations that can happen, either it was used to play PSO or it wasn't, meaning it either has a SNAK stored or it doesn't.

Perhaps you got a new dc that has been used to play PSO and no matter what SNAK you introduce you will never meet the requirements to play that game, either because:
    - The snak is not valid, for example, using a EU snak on a US v2 game disk, it will fail most likely
    - The snak is not the one stored on the Vmu but is valid, meaning you will enter the char selecting screen but you won't be able to load anything

Get a flash memory reseting tool for dreamcast, burn the image, use it and follow the instructions (altough some only need to load and the job gets done), after that go back to PSO and input a Game valid SNAK, then load your PSO v1 save

I can be wrong,, but i have no idea what kind of save are you using, what game disk are you using (US or EU), if the dreamcast is something you bought recently, if it's the same console you used to play v2, if you made a v2 char to play or not, if you saved it, if it's in the same memory card as the v1 char,......
    Last edited by DC_PLAYER; Aug 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

What I am using is a downloaded copy of PSO from coolrom.com. My character is a legit created character from that copy currently at level 19. My PSO V2 is a actual Dreamcast disc, and yes I just flashed my memory of my Dreamcast since its once I had to recently buy. (My daughter Zelda dumped milk into my original one that I purchased on launch day 9/9/99) I was able to put the key in and was accepted, and it is a US (NTSC) version of V2, but I cannot confirm, but assume V1 is also the same. I never transferred the files from one card to another.

After the memory flash, I put in Version 1 and my character loaded up fine and just walked around for a bit and then saved that. I put in Version 2, loaded the key and still cannot load from my card at all.

Im already looking at buying a legit copy of Version 1 and seeing if that would work. Sadly I might lose my character, but oh well!

I don't know then, it can be something simple but i just don't know.
    By using v2 the game should have asked if you wanted to convert your actual char to v2 (permanent change), but if it can't load the char then i have no idea why.
    Before buying, try and ask around forums, i am sure someone will know the issue.

Another solution would be to simply ignore v1 and start playing v2, at lvl 19 nothing is really lost, you can reach that level in some days
    V2 adds stuff, but they are only visible in the last difficulty, if you find out the problem then you can still play v1 up to lvl 100 and then change at that point if you so desire. At lvl 19 playing one game or the other doesn't matter.
    Last edited by DC_PLAYER; Aug 6, 2012 at 07:05 AM.

I have figured out why I wasn't able to load up my PSO ver 1 save on Ver 2. The copy I had originally downloaded, was a hacked copy that didnt require me to put in a key code. Once I got a copy that did require it, I was forced to start a new file and low and behold, I was able to transfer the file to Vers 2. Yes it was my stupidity and also the fact that I didn't do much research into this in the first place.

Glad it worked