Advent Hunter

Default "Got SOUL EATER" (???) NOT?!

O.O HoW da FuDge?! *Flashback narration...
    SO! I've been away from PsoBB for about a year and... blah blah...
    I'm basically nuublar status! >,< I've only ever known TTF, "." I wanted to appreciate the game a bit mroe so delving into the story and learning more about items/IDs/MAGs/and such! Came across the SOUL EATER "quest" and looked through several walk-through on how to get it. Keep in mind I DON'T have a HUNTER *yet so this was purely for enjoyment. ^__^ Anyway, I did the quests like this:
    Dr. Osto's Research *NEVER GAVE NAME!EVER!Talked2 Red RAmar b4/after finishing q
    Unsealed Door *Found Sue, got the warning
    Waterfall Tears *Fought Kireek, Piped XD
    Black Paper *Fought Kireek while he freaked, Piped
    From The Depths *DId the quest, found Ash, fought Kireek, PIPED!

THEN!!! (Oh, I made sure to have open slots!) It said "Got SOUL EATER" Horray!!! Butt uhh, where is it..? It wasn't in my inventory, or my bank... HUH?! I did this on Normal, with my 70 FOmerwl. I didn't do any of these quests:

Knowing One's Heart
    Battle Training

Do I need to?

NOW, after being flabbergasted, began a journey of TTfs and MAG feeding on a New RAcaseal, now lvl 45. I felt like attempting it again. Same order, same result... What, did I do wrong..? ;{ I even did "Docs Secret Plan" before doing "From the depths" (so I could get Dr. Montague! XD). I got my first monster weapons (2 Booma's Claw/4 Hildebear Canes) but no Soul Eater... =( Any suggestions? Do I need a certain section ID? Heres the guide I used:
    http://faqs.ign.com/articles/383/383722p1.html

I tried doing "From the Depths" quest on my FO in Hard and confirmed that you must fight Kireek in those series in order for his appearance. =P PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! Do I need to do it on a higher Diff? My next mission of hobby is Akito's frying Pan! XD OH! And I am 100% nUUUblar to the forum so if I'm in the wrong section please, do send me in the right direction! XD MUCH THANKS!!!

I take it you're playing on the certain quantity vs. quality server?

If so, then you might want to check their forums, though I could save you the trouble by telling you that they've disabled quest reward items due to cheaters using an exploit in the system that allowed them to essentially make items.

Advent Hunter

EHHH?! O.o No way... So... no quest rewards? ={ I looked up this after I read this:XXXXXXX
    Is that what your referring to? So i won't ever get quest items or only after 6months in a forum? Sorry I'm asking too much X.x So... No Frying pan? =(
    Last edited by advent_lee; Jul 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advent_lee View Post
    EHHH?! O.o No way... So... no quest rewards? ={ I looked up this after I read this:
    Is that what your referring to? So i won't ever get quest items or only after 6months in a forum? Sorry I'm asking too much X.x So... No Frying pan? =(
    lol no, I was referring to the "popular" PSO:BB server. Might wanna edit out the link in your reply by the way, as linking to private servers and such isn't allowed here. You can still get frying pan and soul eater on GC, and I'm sure even Xbox versions of PSO. You could probably get them on other private PSO:BB servers, but you can't at all on the "popular" one. Just one of the many useless hack prevention that they've put in place recently, along with the virus antihack.dll

Advent Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Kroniedon View Post
    lol no, I was referring to the "popular" PSO:BB server. Might wanna edit out the link in your reply by the way, as linking to private servers and such isn't allowed here. You can still get frying pan and soul eater on GC, and I'm sure even Xbox versions of PSO. You could probably get them on other private PSO:BB servers, but you can't at all on the "popular" one. Just one of the many useless hack prevention that they've put in place recently, along with the virus antihack.dll
    Hahaa.... Thankx >___< Nice save =P Aiysh... That's a bit sad. =/ Oh well I suppose, I found some random Del ROl Shell so I guess I'll look into merging stuff. >__< Oh, can you still get barriers/element amps? I remember you used to be able to but I'm not sure anymore X.x

lol.. well, the last time I checked, they had used the data slots the amps/merges were using in order to add new items, of which only a handfull have been released, so there's a no go there too. Of course, they may have re-added them in since last I checked, as to be honest I don't pay too close attention to PSO:BB, as I stick to PSO:GC on my own server. I doubt they have re-added them, as I remember the admin that does everything over there referencing the amps/merges as useless items not too long ago. Lol, it seems that that server just hates the items you're wanting to obtain xD. I suppose you could always go hunting something else, or perhaps trying a new server, or even one of the console versions of the game.

The amplifiers got changed on that server. Instead of Amplifier of Foie, Amplifier of Shifta, etc, you now have things like Amplifier of Si which boosts all Simple techs. There's one for RA techs, Resta and Anti got combined into one, all sorts of changes.

Actually they've greatly modified the game and changed a lot of how things work there. You'll need to consult the forums for details.

One of the more contraversial decisions they made was permanently disabling quest rewards. There were plans to work the quest rewards into being normal drops, but that has not happened yet and there hasn't been much word about it from the Administrators for a while now.

Advent Hunter

@.@ * headpins Well, thanks a bunch you guys! >__< I appreciate the help. *Sigh... that is sad though >,< I just got my first SS rank in ult x.x So the amps were changed from element to spell levels. Interesting. I'd love to go play the GC version again, but I don't have a GC anymore, or the game x.x No funds to go renew atm but I'll definitely keep it in mind. ^_^

Advent Hunter

Can you guys by chance direct me to the trade thread(if there is one for Blue Burst)? I only found the Pso2 ones >,< Without breaking any rules ofc. =P
    (Ex. Forums tab -> PSO-> etc) ^___^ Thanx again XD