Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

So let me start off by saying I'm not talking about a DPS meter by any means, while these things are useful, I feel they actually hurt the game more, as people pay more attention to their meter than focusing on fight mechanics.

But, I would like the game to give me some type of feedback as to how I'm doing, other than getting an S rank which only requires you to kill everything you see and not die.

It would be nice if they had a system like (if any of you played it) DC Online, where at the end of an instance (in this case missions) it would rank your party members with their total damage/healing done throughout the map.

I think if they had something like this it would allow people to see how they are doing in comparison to other people of their class, without ruining any of the game play.

Really? This has almost reached page 2 without a reply, I would have thought a lot of people want a system like this...
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 12, 2012 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Merge
    Images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height. The image in your signature was 267 pixels tall.

You can subtly tell who's getting kills by seeing who gets their PB gauge first.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

More things contribute to Photon Blast than damage.

I just want to go out and kill stuff at my own pace. I do not wish to be compared to other players. That would take away from my game play.
    Freezies proudly sporting his Fomar hat.

I wouldnt mind a stat board at the end of each mission, showing all the players (in party, mid way quitters and joiners, and MPA people) and their respective total damage dealt, highest damage dealt, total number killed, total final blows, total damage taken, total deaths, total heals etc.

I don't mind this one bit, but would the Japanese? Since, you know, their opinions are the only ones that matter to SEGA.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Any normal mob I rafoie twice dies.
    That's a good enough notice that I'm doing good.

I think the DPS meter is a bad idea. I don't want to feel like I have to deal the most DPS possible in order to not be kicked from a party, or looked down upon because I sat down to afk for 5minutes. I don't want to see that happen to other people either. Leave it how it is now, nice and simple.
    Last edited by Coatl; Aug 12, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Any normal mob I rafoie twice dies.
    That's a good enough notice that I'm doing good.

I think the DPS meter is a bad idea. I don't want to feel like I have to deal the most DPS possible in order to not be kicked from a party, or looked down upon. I don't want to see that happen to other people either. Leave it how it is now, nice and simple.
    I never said DPS meter was a good idea, infact I started out the thread saying that's specifically not what I'm talking about. What Kimil described was a more detailed version of what I was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by P4Kman View Post
    So let me start off by saying I'm not talking about a DPS meter by any means, while these things are useful, I feel they actually hurt the game more, as people pay more attention to their meter than focusing on fight mechanics.
    And to your first point, that is true, but without any kind of physical feedback it is more difficult to improve. If you run a quest a certain way, and you do 100,000 damage at the end of it, and then the next time you decide to use a different strategy and you do 350,000; that gives you a better idea of how you should play. Things die so quickly it's near impossible to keep track of it all.
    Images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height. The image in your signature was 267 pixels tall.

Not sure this would work. I don't really want to see that a hunter that is the same lvl as me is hitting for more because he has a different skill tree / weapon setup, that would annoy the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Revlis-Desilver View Post
    Not sure this would work. I don't really want to see that a hunter that is the same lvl as me is hitting for more because he has a different skill tree / weapon setup, that would annoy the hell out of me.
    So if you saw a hunter the same level as you do say, double your damage, you would get annoyed/mad instead of thinking, hmm maybe they're onto something, maybe I could do something different and improve myself?
    Last edited by Mike; Aug 13, 2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Language

This seems like it would cause a lot of animosity, especially in a game where you have to spend real world money to fix your build. It works in games like DCUO because it's so easy to repec if you don't like your build, but some people may end up being stuck with what they've got for a long time in PSO2, not to mention racial/gender differences, while small, would still skew it.

On the other hand I think adding more things to the weekly rankings on the visiphone, like mission times and stuff would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by P4Kman View Post
    So if you saw a hunter the same level as you do say, double your damage, you would get annoyed/mad instead of thinking, hmm maybe they're onto something, maybe I could do something different and improve myself?
    yes I agree with you but if i've already started a skill tree id have to buy another to set it to the same abilities skills as the other player, thats what i'd get annoyed about
    http://expfull.com/