Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Why wouldn't he use a 5% boost? 85% x 85% = 72%, that's a lot better than 80% x 80% = 64%. Gotta at least do everything in your power to succeed before crying...

And who gives a shit for the probability of losing both affixes? Either you get both to land or it's a failure. Getting the one back is worthless, it is absurdly trivial to add a single affix.
    Are you serious? The success % is double of getting just one affix and 16 times the % of getting none why would he bother wasting 80k for 8% ? Might as well fail and try again, it's probably cheaper.

And he might give a shit as he failed both and i'm pretty sure he'd rather just fail one and keep that failure instead of 0 affixes. Kinda of a pointless post but sure and please don't use expressions like crying, nobody's crying this is a game and we're simply discussing it, makes you seem like a 10 year old internet GANGSTA.. We're trying to have a constructive discussion not a rant so if you don't give a shit you should find some other thread that interests you.

lol i dunno, it's just a force of habit i picked up from previous mmo's to block out money in screenshots, so it doesn't turn into a topic of discussion (kind of ironic now, though).

And as for not using a booster, i just forgot tbh.
    I saw the success rate and just immediately thought 'right, everything looks to be in order'.
    I'd like to think it wouldn't have saved me from Dodo's wrath anyway.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Also shouldn't the cost of the transfer still appear next to the meseta rappy? never noticed it

Quote Originally Posted by DonMakaveli View Post
    Why would he need a 5% booster?? Do you even see what happened there?

That happened to me on a vol armor with 3 slots it went from 3 to NONE do you know the chances of that happening? 1.5% Do you know the chances of Dextro failing both affixes? 4%

He had 4% chance of failing both a 32% of getting one and a 64% of getting both. Yes these are probabilities a 4% chance is not 0% and i understand that but it's pretty freakin obviously the system is shady as f at generating the numbers.
    Wut. Obviously use a 5% booster if you can. It failed.
    Keep rattiling on about what you think SHOULD happen. You don't know shit.
    If you didn't already know, the *rarity is an influencing factor in the probable outcome.
    50% on a 2* rare is an almost guarantee.
    regardless of how you think math should work, this software is not programed to the dynamics you see on screen.
    QQ some more because you have bad luck.

Its pointless to say what should have happened, as far as RNG is concerned,
    You have just as much chance every time.

At this point I'm convinced the % doesn't mean shit, the entire system is luck based and the only thing that has an impact on your chances at all is the 5% boost. So you guys can number crunch all you want in the end, it's completely luck based and % you see is meaningless. But I've observed I fail alot less when using the 5% boost no matter what % it is, both of the screenshots are with the boost. I've affixed alot more but those seemed to stand out the most.

Spoiler!

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    At this point I'm convinced the % doesn't mean shit, the entire system is luck based and the only thing that has an impact on your chances at all is the 5% boost. So you guys can number crunch all you want in the end, it's completely luck based and % you see is meaningless. But I've observed I fail alot less when using the 5% boost no matter what % it is, both of the screenshots are with the boost. I've affixed alot more but those seemed to stand out the most.

Spoiler!
    Again, someone has blocked out their money. Why? This is becoming even more confusing than the RNG, lol.

Why are you guys doing that? I could understand censoring a name, but a money amount...? I'm just curious as to what the reason is behind this.

I'd block my money also, no need for you to know my business.
    Plus some people prolly have SHAMFURDISPRAY

死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eharima View Post
    I'd block my money also, no need for you to know my business.
    ...it's not a paycheck, you know, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMakaveli View Post
    Are you serious? The success % is double of getting just one affix and 16 times the % of getting none why would he bother wasting 80k for 8% ? Might as well fail and try again, it's probably cheaper.

And he might give a shit as he failed both and i'm pretty sure he'd rather just fail one and keep that failure instead of 0 affixes. Kinda of a pointless post but sure and please don't use expressions like crying, nobody's crying this is a game and we're simply discussing it, makes you seem like a 10 year old internet GANGSTA.. We're trying to have a constructive discussion not a rant so if you don't give a shit you should find some other thread that interests you.
    This whole thread is a rant and I and everyone else here, can post as they please, deal with it. Not a single one of you can give a valid reason for why they should implement your ideas beyond a childish desire to want it to be cheaper and easier. Does the game difficulty necessitate better gear? No, obviously it doesn't. Guess they don't have to do a fucking thing for it. Just a bunch of beaten dogs licking each others wounds over some failed upgrades that don't do a goddamn thing for you.

And the fact that you or anyone places any value on keeping a single affix when aiming for two or more is a defining trait of a retard. Oh no an extra 50k getting vol soul back on my weapon, my precious 10 minutes of burst was wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Again, someone has blocked out their money. Why? This is becoming even more confusing than the RNG, lol.

Why are you guys doing that? I could understand censoring a name, but a money amount...? I'm just curious as to what the reason is behind this.
    I do it out of respect I guess, when I take a screenshot where my money can be seen I blank it out because it doesn't really have anything to do with what I'm pointing out in the shot, and when its no censored I feel like an ass trying to subtly show off how much money I have, which again has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm actually trying to point out in my shots. Sure, maybe nobody cares but I do.