Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Yeah seriously, PSU being worse does not somehow make this system good at all.

I quit PSU early on for a variety of reasons - the god fucking awful crafting and grinding system was pretty high on the list.

Yeah, I'm with Don here. "Everyone else is worse!" is no reason to tolerate terrible design.

Grinding rares is pretty much terrible. You're either lucky and get it within your first 20 tries (lol, that's REALLY lucky in my view, which says something about how bad the odds are), or you spend 100+ grinders and hundreds of thousands (millions if you buy your grinders) of meseta and don't even manage to get past +7. This is largely because the RNG system is HORRIBLE, but also because the odds are just heavily stacked against you, which lends to a huge sense of futility to anyone without an iron will.

This is only compacted by the fact that rares are simply not better than uncommons until they are heavily ground, creating a sense that it is a necessity to grind that rare if you actually want to use it in combat.

The affix system, too... just too much bad randomness, and the odds are so ridiculously low. I know they want to get items out of the economy, but is it really worth this much player discomfort (and outright rage in some cases)?

I agree its terrible. Using those % boosting/-1/-0 items dont really help much as Ive used quite a number of them already (AC).

But has anyone noticed? Many "japanese" players seem to have tons of perfect +10 rare weapons in their personal shops with the appropriate soul and some kind of Power/Shoot/Tech III ability along with it. Ive checked my server records and a total of less than 300 Knight lancers has dropped since the game started but this one person has one that is +10, 25 element and has a War soul and Power III on it(eventhough all wikis state only the Rockbear on hard mode drops it) along with a full range of other rare weapons with souls that are very hard to combine. All +10, all perfect.

If anyone who is curious and is on Ship 8, search for this player called Leisia and see for yourself.

Monster Hunter

I personally have wasted millions.
    Combining soul + whatever level 2 (x3)

As well as soul + whatever level 2 + effect level 2

Even though the %s always say 60-80, 1 or 2 always fails off.

There must be either a trick or hack, because if I check any random Japanese player 9 out of 10 of them have soul + level 3 on nearly every piece they have, as well as 50% element on 8 and 9 star weapons.

This probably goes to show that Sega is probably relying on this method to get their playerbase to shell out more for better chances.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyline View Post
    I personally have wasted millions.
    Combining soul + whatever level 2 (x3)

As well as soul + whatever level 2 + effect level 2

Even though the %s always say 60-80, 1 or 2 always fails off.

There must be either a trick or hack, because if I check any random Japanese player 9 out of 10 of them have soul + level 3 on nearly every piece they have, as well as 50% element on 8 and 9 star weapons.
    Actually, those player are usually "famous" through their blog, so their supporter will give them grinders, and such.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

It's the affix transfering system and the grinding of weapons that is the second largest money sink in PSO2. If they made it even easier, everyone would have +10 *9 weapons with 4 good affixes on them.

Are you pulling your hairs out of your head over it? Yes, it's suppose to make you feel that way. That's what reels in the $$$. Every MMO has something similar to this, but with harsher consequences and less mercy. The only thing PSO2 doesn't do is make you grind rares to +10 with good affixes and have the most optimal gear in the game. In other MMOs, if you didn't have the best gear you'd struggle through the gameplay.

Monster Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Actually, those player are usually "famous" through their blog, so their supporter will give them grinders, and such.
    9 out of 10 players on ship 7 is a famous Japanese player I seriously doubt it.

Watch as I fix the whole thing while keeping it as a money sink

Step 1: Replace RNG with very high price tag
    Step 2: Replace +5% AC items with -5% cost AC items

all done

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Watch as I fix the whole thing while keeping it as a money sink

Step 1: Replace RNG with very high price tag
    Step 2: Replace +5% AC items with -5% cost AC items

all done
    Share your idea with Sega, not just PSO-World.
    https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/.../?mode=opinion

Although I think leaving it on Sakai's blog is better, as he does read the comment, and allows those that he "approve" to appear.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-