Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    But that's how all RPG games are. Not MMOs, but every single RPG game has something like that.
    Um... no. Not even close.

Maybe Korean-style MMOs all do, but you won't see such a system in any Western RPG (and for damn good reason, at that).

Even then, the method of implementation varies wildly between games.

Aion's, for example, allows you to minimize the chance of failure by using supplements and really high-level enhancement stones. With just a high enough level stone, you could get the chance of failure down to 25% - using the best supplement brings this chance down to 10% (though the cost for the supplements is pretty obscene). Even when you fail, you NEVER go down more than one point at a time.

TERA's system varies depending on whether or not you're talking about the Korean or the Western versions (hmmm, I wonder why...). In the western system, failure does nothing to your weapon - you never, ever lose enhancements, ever. Instead, the item (alkahest) required to enhance an item past +6 costs obscene amounts of gold.

You know you're fucked when I'm looking back on Aion with more fondness. Seriously!

I think either mine or gigawuts suggested systems on previous pages would vanquish most if not all issues people have with grinding. Plus meseta doesn't come cheap in terms of time as SEGA said "hey let's screw most players and take the shop from them unless they pay", which is the most messed up thing about this game imo. People without shops that try to grind weapons spend a day to get 200k or 300k just to sink on grinding and probably end up in the same grind they were before starting, and now that most people are at level 40, you can literally say you wasted a day for NOTHING, no exp, no meseta, no better weapon, nothing at all.

It's easier when you got a shop and you have that extra cash flow, i'm tired of farming all day to get my tigredor back at +8 just because i took a chance at making it a +9 i'm not playing anymore today and it's sitting at +3 and i'm broke! So tomorrow i'll farm again and probably i'll end up at the same place so yeah this is super frustrating, the system def needs changes.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    But that's how all RPG games are. Not MMOs, but every single RPG game has something like that.
    I don't have a problem with chance based systems. At least, ones that are fairly balanced and give the player options that don't include paying real money.

The problem I have is with the AC scratch, which is off topic, so I won't discuss that here.

The point of my post was more to explain the reasoning behind such systems to those who don't understand it. (Before people start asking about credentials; I'm studying to get into the games industry. I'm by no means an expert, nor do I claim to be. It was simply a base explanation.)
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Funny, I thought video games were a form of entertainment, and supposed to be fun.

There is nothing fun about this system.

And whoever is comparing this system to ANYTHING in WoW...lol at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valymer View Post
    Funny, I thought video games were a form of entertainment, and supposed to be fun.

There is nothing fun about this system.
    I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by KEV1N View Post
    I like you.
    x2. What people seem to fail to realize is that this is not a competitive game it's a PvE (Players vs Environment) not a PvP so there's no real reason to make a system so punishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie Lovrina View Post
    Honestly, I prefer the current Grinding system more than PSU terribad system.

the affixing is a whole different story though. I really would prefer that if I successfully transferred a Vol Soul to a weapon, it stays on the weapon until I overwrite it. I don't like how if I fail adding another ability that it blanks the entire weapons ability's . I just don't see the point in having up to 8 slots if you can't even get past 3. also, they need the ability to give an elementless weapon an element and change the current element grinding to using any weapon as fodder as long as they have the same element. why should I have to use 30 Tarnada's to buff 1 Tarnada? did they not count in some weapons rarity?

just my two cents.
    This. All of this.

Guys, we aren't meant to have the cake and eat 5 cakes with it
    The game is easy enough as is. It's literally balanced around us having +6 weapons and 1 ability on our weapons and units. Us doing things with 90 to 95% failure chance, then complaining that the enemies die in 2 hits (and bosses in 30 seconds) is just funny to me
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    This probably goes to show that Sega is probably relying on this method to get their playerbase to shell out more for better chances.
    Yup. Bow down to the almighty AC.

i don't really have a problem with grinding either. personally, i think no one should attempt to +9/10 rare without a grind protect anyways. they're like, 200k a pop on ship 10, which isn't really expensive at all.

i normally would +8 normally then grind protect all the way to +10. sure, it's much more expensive, but at least you don't downgrade if you fail.

once again, personally, i think the problem is that people are too eager to grind. ex. i'm gonna get this baby to+10, i'm feeling lucky! then they kept on grinding, even after a failing streak. personally i would stop grinding if i see a fail streak of 3 fails in a row.

maybe people should try holding themselves on the dreaded urge to grind first. ex.

-stop grinding after a failure,
    -grind only if you have more than a certain amount of money,
    -grind only if you have more than a certain amount of grinders,
    -grind only if you have cleared a certain amount of missions after your last failure.
    -grind only if you have a spare rare weapon of equal grind level.

may sound stupid, that helped me fight my urge to grind, and so far, i've got 3 rares to +10. sure i costs a lot of money, but those money spent are not "loss" because you never downgrade.

just thought i might share