Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX XxGoregrinderxX's Avatar

But isnt it boring to use always the Same weapon and spells as a force?
    I mean as a hunter there more weapon types to use so u hav more choices.
    As a force u mainly use a Rod with always the same technics and maybe a longbow.
    With a ranger u also hav more choices that are effectly.
    I dont care much for uberdamage, i wanna hav fun but i dont see the fun in a force with always the same attacks.
    Woof

Opinions?

Moved back to Utah. Goodbye, Japan... ; ;

I agree with you, Gore. That must be why I just let my FO sit there... I also love the PAs on melee weapons. Yeah, it's cool to see some of the techs those high lvls bust out (and the damage), but still.
    Aki on GC PSO, PS2 PSU: AotI, and PSP2i.

地獄へ行くの? お前が先だ!
    DC PSO veteran/The Original Duman

Well, I always wanted to be versatile as a FO using various spells (often Grants spells) and a bit of twin sabers/daggers for melee + Bow for range just for that. I just don't like being bashed for trying to be a bit different from generic FO sets, at least I hope my teammates don't do that. D:

Quote Originally Posted by XxGoregrinderxX View Post
    As a force u mainly use a Rod with always the same technics and maybe a longbow.
    That's like saying as a hunter, you always have to use close-range weapons with the same one PA. Same goes for the ranger class with long-range weapons.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

Quote Originally Posted by XxGoregrinderxX View Post
    With a ranger u also hav more choices that are effectly.
    I run into the same issue with RA that I do with my FO. The only weapons I really use on my RA is Shotgun w/ CSII and Rifle w/ CSI. The shotgun is great for both crowd control and for punching a hole at close range into tougher enemies. The rifle is really only pulled out for long-distance shots on boss weak spots. I also have a twin handgun for building chains while in a party, though mainly it's a legacy from PSP2 vanilla where they were much more useful. I also carry a single doublesaber for the occasional ranged resistant enemy.

Nothing else really seems to have the oomph or versatility. Grenades eat up too much PP, Laser Cannons have crap range and are better suited to my HU who's at the center of clustering mobs, Longbows are TP based and she's a CAST - so it's just a gimped rifle... and all the offhand stuff is pretty much just chain building fluff that's usually better replaced by having a shield and knowing how to perfect block.

Not to say the other weapon types are useless, or that anyone who uses them is a fool that's just leaving damage on the table... but that the versatility and power offered by Rifle/Shotty leaves me gravitating towards them almost exclusively.

As for a HU, their weapon choices are much more diverse. Twin Claws, Swords, Axes, Twin Sabers, Double Sabers... all of which have great damage output, multi-hitbox capacity, and a useful array of PAs for varying situations.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Aug 14, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Not gonna lie...I do use the same PA on my hunter. I forgot what it's called...because it was in Japanese. I think its ground slash or whatever (Sword). Shoots a ray in a line...can hit up to 5-7 times or w/e. Does massive damage...I'm guessing this is the best PA for Hunter. Then again I haven't really tested any other PAs.

As for Force being the best, even early game...? Man...then I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Even with mass chaining spells I still do so little damage. Also the targeting system in this game is driving me INSANE...... I've even tried locking L button and that is finicky...sometimes spells will go off in complete wrong directions. I see force right now...more as a late game. My 70 FO cannot beat Gurhul Heroes...I did it at Lv70 on my Hunter...with ease. I guess I'm just doing it wrong. I'll figure it out eventually.
    ☆PSO☆

Quote Originally Posted by Lunariancrystal View Post
    Does massive damage...I'm guessing this is the best PA for Hunter. Then again I haven't really tested any other PAs.
    I've never really used a sword much, myself. Many other Hunter class users use the twin sabers/Blade Destruction combo.

As for Force being the best, even early game...?
    I doubt it. I started the Force class on my main character after I've had a couple of rebirths under my belt. I'd think it'd be quite a pain to use the Force class with an under-leveled character with no rebirths.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

ive always been a single weapon hu that way i can maximuze damage potential with abilities. i like to specialize. allmost all my characters are hunter that specialize in different weapon types. just axe and twin sabers kinda bore me.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Not gonna lie...I do use the same PA on my hunter. I forgot what it's called...because it was in Japanese. I think its ground slash or whatever (Sword). Shoots a ray in a line...can hit up to 5-7 times or w/e. Does massive damage...I'm guessing this is the best PA for Hunter.
    yeah i use that PA, its grand crusher i think. my fav PA from psp1 was the knuckle move that does just about the same thing, it plows thru a mob of enemies and hits 6-7 times. after that, the double saber tornado dance one.(the one where you fly at the enemy twirling, and if aimed right, hit multiple target boxes many times)

also, on my alt ranger all i use is the shotgun since i found out how good it is..XD