Default Gameguard error, fails to launch game.

The game will launch and play for about 3 mins and I will eventually get this error.

I will try to relaunch the game and will get this.

It was working fine last night that I've played until I try to launch it this morning when gameguard started downloading some files as i was starting up PSO2. And after that, the first screenshot always pops up after 2-3 mins I'm in game.

I've already re-installed the game and still no luck whatsoever.

You are not the only one; mine worked just fine for two weeks and all of a sudden, I am getting this same error.

http://translate.google.ca/translate...ed=0CFEQ7gEwAQ

I looked it up and this is the only info I have been able to find from anything resembling a reliable source. I am reinstalling now; I tried deleting game guard already, and letting the game reinstall it. Nuked any files left behind for PSO before I started the install again. The only other thing I can see doing is disabling my windows firewall which I will be trying after the game finishes the install.

If I figure out anything I'll let you know.

I may be full of shit here but I assume gameguard is trying to download an update which some antivirus find suspicious, so they block GG from running. Which eventually results in everything crashing. Adding it to exceptions and allowing it to execute was all I needed to do.

*edit*

Btw Ash, If you see a Gaz in game, say hi. :3
    Last edited by Zilch; Aug 13, 2012 at 03:26 PM.

Out of curiosity, how did you manage to do that? My own antivirus has a "game mode" which should have allowed this. And actually, it worked fine for awhile up until this point as well.

Well, my antivirus simply asked me if I wanted to allow the suspicious activity and after having PSO crash in my face I did so, and it's worked fine since.

You prolly need to add gameguard to your antivirus exceptions in that case. Chances are it just outright blocks it, instead of asking?

Yeah I guess so. I'm using adaware and it has no options for exceptions but I think I can temporarily turn security off while I play, so I'll try that. Thanks.

I tried what Zilch has said by allowing pso2.exe full access thru the firewall and it seemed to have worked.

Launched the game again, and got new permissions asking if I want to let it thru and so far I haven't encountered an error yet.

There seems to be no definitive fix for this which is unfortunate; I did the same and my own problem was not fixed. I disabled Windows Firewall to see if that would work, disabled ad-aware and any extra running programs, I even did a full malware and spyware nuke and scan to see if that was causing the error. At this point I am totally lost, and it's a shame; I was able to play just fine until now.

I added exceptions and then it crashed instantly! Awesome.