Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mikura View Post
    I was going to wait until after maintenance for this reason. Although I doubt it's going to resolve anything if it's just maintenance for PSO2 since GG is the issue, not the game itself.
    I wouldn't expect it to either. Currnently, the only fixees happening during this maintenance are the ones listed here but with complaints coming from everybody about the nPro update, I'm surprised Sega hasn't said something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I wouldn't expect it to either. Currnently, the only fixees happening during this maintenance are the ones listed here but with complaints coming from everybody about the nPro update, I'm surprised Sega hasn't said something.
    Could be something to do with them holding their cards close to their chest to not tip off any interested parties. Also considering how silent the GG update came along, I think any fix will be equally silent.

They're probably talking with INCA first before making any official statements. I'm not expecting a fix just yet.

Were not the only game having trouble: http://raiderz-forum.perfectworld.co....php?p=7564571

At the moment, there is no new update to GameGuard, and the new patch does not resolve the issue.

No wonder! Thank goodness someone posted about this... I have a brand spankin new gaming computer that took me forever to save up for and was freaking out because I kept getting a blue screen! I thought something was seriously wrong with it. Now I know the cause... whew! I hope they fix this because I love the game to tears and even spent some AC for the first time this week to get a second mag, but this kind of hassle messing with my computer may not be worth it. *sniff*

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    At the moment, there is no new update to GameGuard, and the new patch does not resolve the issue.
    I was afraid of that. Maybe if enough people complain to Sega (and I'm sure there's been a lot of complaints filed already) and Sega can relay that to INCA, they'll release another patch to resolve the issue.

Wishful thinking, I know.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Are there any Windows 7 32-bit users having these problems?

I noticed a lot of people posting their problems haven't mentioned whether they have Windows 7 32 or 64-bit.

I'm in Windows 7 32-bit and I haven't been having any issues. The people I've known that have 32-bit Windows also weren't running into problems.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

Apparently Windows XP does not have this issue (tried with my laptop and my Windows XP partition).

@BahnKnakyu: It's likely specific to Windows Vista and Windows 7 64-bit versions and likely a result of whatever "fix" they did to manage to kill Cheat Engine on 64-bit Windows Vista/7.
    Seem to be such an invasive "fix" that it "unfixed" everything else to the point Windows thinks it's not genuine or crashes since half its normal tasks were closed, locked or aborted.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

The ironic thing is that I think Gameguard actually messes up the client for PSO2.

I ran it earlier and got two error messages, so I close them, right? Well, I exit the game, and decide I'm going to fiddle with the graphics, so I go into the options menu on the client and....

all the characters are replaced with boxes. It wasn't anything particularly 'damaging' but it was funny. Made me chuckle at least. Gameguard messing with the very thing it was meant to protect. who'dathunkit?

(checking now, everything checks out, but I've shut the tower off and back on, so....gonna have to check once servers come back up.)
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty