Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777 ... LastLast

I can confirm that Game Guard did roll back their update. I am currently using Firefox while PSO2 is running and nothing has crashed.

Also all of my previous problems have gone away, I was able to do the Darkies emergency without any problems.
    Need a Ship 9 Friend? Just give me a ring!

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    There was one, and it no longer loads that driver in. Really looks like they just undid what they did with the 64 bit update.
    What driver is it loading? What dll?
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Renzer View Post
    I can confirm that Game Guard did roll back their update. I am currently using Firefox while PSO2 is running and nothing has crashed.
    Firefox slows to a snails pace when I am playing PSO2. I haven't had it crash yet tho...
    Click On Banner

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildin View Post
    Firefox slows to a snails pace when I am playing PSO2. I haven't had it crash yet tho...
    That could just be PSO2 hogging your CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by BahnKnakyu View Post
    What driver is it loading? What dll?
    For x64 systems, it was loading a driver called dump_wmimmc.sys and drivers are not DLLs, they are actually executables. But as mentioned, it is now no longer happening on x64 systems.
    But even if you look, I don't think you'll be able to find it easily, it does an annoying trick to hide it.

For x86 (32 bit systems) which also includes the regular Windows XP, then it does still load a driver as far as I know. The easy way to tell is if you load PSO2 up and it doesn't appear in the task manager list of processes, or does appear and then hides again after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithildin View Post
    How much RAM do you have on your system? PSO2 does use a lot. So it could be a simple case of firefox using lots of RAM, PSO2 using lots of RAM and Windows trying to keep them both happy by paging stuff out. Using the page file is expensive since it is accessing the hard disk.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHikari View Post
    After hearing that the gameguard update was rolled back, I tried running PSO2 again. Gameguard did an update, so that raised a red flag for me. About 15 minutes later my laptop bluescreened on me. Is there something I need to do to remove the update?
    Are you using an x64 version of Windows? If so, did you see what the error was?
    Last edited by Ana-Chan; Aug 17, 2012 at 09:14 AM.

Ugh. The update definitely did some funky things to my PC too. It's brand new and has been acting a little funky. Wouldnt let me install Windows updates last night, so I had to do a clean boot in order to install them. Noticed some slow down as well now. Awesome. GG GG...

So is it confirmed that the GameGuard patch was reverted? Is it safe to patch the game now?

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioTheDeadly View Post
    So is it confirmed that the GameGuard patch was reverted? Is it safe to patch the game now?
    Yep, it's reverted. No updates when you click start game

If anyone is still having issues, download this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?unetfcy7yzsvxp0

Extract to your PSO2 folder, rename/delete your current GameGuard folder, rename this extracted folder to GameGuard.
    Last edited by Crevox; Aug 18, 2012 at 06:24 AM.

Thank god! I just posted in another thread with my problem.
    Also, it's conflicting with Java too, the GG (It HAD to pop up when I was playing PSO2 at the inappropriate time) 'cause when the game crashed when Java decided to troll me, it would no longer work. The launcher will load, I hit Game Start, wait a few minutes, then suddenly brought to the nProtect page. With IE of all browsers.

The game worked perfectly well today, then just now this issue happens.
    I also tried reinstalling it but to no anvil, didn't work, kept giving me the same error.

When I managed to get the game to work, it's laggy and my resolution is buggy.
    Then when I try to log in, it says there's been an unknown problem and the game crashes again.