Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gunslashes are pretty useless as RA.

1) RA dodge is garbage - plus you're stuck with HU short-range dodge, so it's even more garbage. Unless you specced deep into dive roll advance for some odd reason, you are a glass cannon wielding a sub-par weapon standing in melee range. That is, if you use it as a melee weapon. Oh, and you can't cancel gunslash PAs.

2) If you use it as a gun - well, if you keep your rifle up, your rifle is better. Gunslash autoattacks might be slightly stronger, but all the useful rifle and launcher PAs are superior. Charging up Aiming Shot? just use a launcher... Thrillplode? the range on that PA makes me lolz (though it's nice for being a multi-hit aoe, but damn that range...). The rest of the PAs are melee-based and leave you quite vulnerable to attacks, so... I wouldn't recommend any other PAs unless you like to style.

I have an Alba Hatchet that I'm casually ranking up to 50 element just for kicks, but its damage is still terrible at +340 R-ATK.

The only times I pull it out is when Lisa and Josef force me to for their stupid weapon orders, or if a single mob or a tight cluster of mobs happens to be right next to me and I feel like styling with Thrillplode (it does look really cool...). Or maybe a wall respawned and I can rage-dance it for kicks.

But yeah, Kyatadransa solo with a gunblade as an RA? Most boring fight ever, especially without poison. Thanks Lisa, I almost liked you in an ironic way.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

I use the gunblade as a Force. I dunno, I think it's more useful and high-damaging, while I can still place my spells in the hotbar to use them in case (Mostly the heal and anti), while I melee everything in sight.

That's definitely not something I should do, but hey! It's fun. And no waste into healing items ; infinite healing with magic.

So yeah, I don't get anything to boost my gunblade damage on Force, but all I can say is ; it depends of which point of view you're seeing it. Of course, Hunter will make it better to use melee, Ranger will make it better to use ranged. And high DPS for Force without having to use PP all the time, keeping it for your healing spells when you really need it. Long range attacks without wasting PP. It doesn't do as much damage, but rather infinite and instant hits.

Well, maybe I'm out of subject with this, but wanted to share what I thought.

Force here.

I switch to my gunslash almost every time I run out of pp. Trying to hit enemies with my rod is very difficult because other players kill them before I can get close enough.

If I need to dodge while using the gunslash and I have more than a split second of time available, I switch back to rod and then dodge.

All of this is possible because I use the shortcuts for weapon changing. I'm actually considering replacing my rod melee attack button with a tech, since I barely use it anyway. After we get more techs, I might end up doing that.

And even though my rod is extremely strong, my low level gunslash seems to do roughly the same damage (comparing gunslash bullets with rod melee).
    Quit PSO2

Ranger!

Step 1:
    Get surrounded.

Step 2:
    Lay an Upper Trap.

Step 3:
    Thrill Explosion away.

Step 4:
    Activate trap.

Step 5:
    Lob in a stun grenade.

Job done stylishly! :P

I use Gunslashes as a Hunter. I currently use a +10 Alva Scissors and am looking to get either the Gunslash Zero or Neigling Zero. I actually have my character build around crits, with a DEX/Ability Mag that has 30 S-Atk on it and 70 DEX/Ability. I'm focused on Fury Stance and Fury Critical right now. I have 7 points into Fury Stance, and of course 0 into Critical so far, HP Boost I lv5, Step Advance lv3, Step Attack lv1, Just Reversal lv1, JA Bonus 1 lv3, Guard lv1, Step lv1, Partizan Gear lv1, and Wired Lance Gear lv1. At lv40 I will have 5 SP left to put into either HP Boost I, Step Advance, or JA Bonus 2. I plan to get Fury Critical to 10 next, then put points into JA Bonus 2, and the rest into Fury Critical.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Acel View Post
    Ranger!

Step 1:
    Get surrounded.

Step 2:
    Lay an Upper Trap.

Step 3:
    Thrill Explosion away.

Step 4:
    Activate trap.

Step 5:
    Lob in a stun grenade.

Job done stylishly! :P
    Yeah traps can wipe out a whole mob like nothing...

But that's still only 10 mobs... ;o;

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.