Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pretty cool Asdfv. Any information on how weapons derive their attack values? For example, I have a theory (not initially mine) that certain weapons, such as the rod, formulate their damage from two stats. In the case of the Rod, it would be S-ATK and T-ATK. I'm looking for some verification to either prove or disprove this now that the game is in release. I am planning to do some testing, but I currently don't have adequate equipment .

The blog authors seem to mainly play ranger and hunter and I couldn't find any mention of that or rod damage on their blogs.

Huh. Element being a % of weapon damage and ONLY weapon damage actually makes some semblance of sense... But it still seems implausible. I think I'd notice an increase of damage roughly equivalent to 200 more points of ATP. Doesn't seem anywhere near that high in actual play...

Hello, new to the site, but had some input on all this.

As far as the damage code is concerned, I am not too shocked it is like this. Seems pretty reasonable the modifiers are all on the weapon and not factored into player side stats. As far as element damage is concerned, 200 damage seems high, but we are missing 2 important parts to the equation.

A) Enemy Defense stats
    B) Actual Enemy resistance numbers.

A is obvious, but B may not be too obvious. B needs to be considered because not every game takes weaknesses the same among mobs. One mob may be weak to Ice, but another mob may be WEAKER to the element and thus a higher elemental weakness rating. More testing would be needed to know for sure.

Also, until stuff like weak bullet and Just attack is taken into account, the formula will be inaccurate.

Awesome stuff, Asdfv! I'd love to test myself how JAs, weak spots and most importantly Ability factors in exactly, but I'm still don't have Floating Continent unlocked. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Huh. Element being a % of weapon damage and ONLY weapon damage actually makes some semblance of sense... But it still seems implausible. I think I'd notice an increase of damage roughly equivalent to 200 more points of ATP. Doesn't seem anywhere near that high in actual play...
    I haven't played with elemental upgraded weapons myself yet, but the low damage increase makes sense due to the 0.2 multiplier at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Perhaps this could be done. Thing is, generally there's a lot of distractions around when you've become panicked and it doesn't last terribly long. It would be cool if people could figure out a formula from this, but I wouldn't count on it very fast. This would be far easier if there were simply a trap that panicked players.
    Doesn't last terribly long?

The damn crystal dragon had me confused for a good 30 seconds straight yesterday.

OK, seems there was some updates to the blog entry posted here: http://ameblo.jp/yuugenbana/entry-11307321219.html

Google translate is failing me by making it unreadable, any idea what the corrections are getting at exactly? From my guess, it is this:

Shifta drinks are applied directly to the attacker's attack value.

Also the other blog here (Which is doing the main amount of work,) is stating that Shifta and shifta drinks are multiplicative in it's effect. Assuming I am reading all this correctly of course.

Also the 2nd blog clearly states that the Shifta Bonuses are only applied to base attack. Doing otherwise would result in much higher damages than they are seeing.

Edit: it also seems as though the formula presented on page 1 is off due to Google translate issues. The formula by my best estimations is as follows:

[(Base Attack + Affix Attack) + {Weapon Attack * (Elemental Bonus + 100) / (Elemental Resistance + 100) + Temp Attack Bonus} - Defense ] / 5 * Multiplier * Random Value

The big change is moving the random value to outside the factoring for weapon based attacks. Not only does this page seem to support that change, but it just makes more sense if it worked that way in the first place.
    Last edited by Tanarin; Aug 18, 2012 at 07:11 PM.