Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Quatre52 View Post
    Challenge Mode.

A Community that enjoyed the game instead of complaining..
    yep. agreed.

other than those, I miss Rati, Tapas, and Agastya mags, Double Cannon, Lavis Cannon, Meteor Cudgel, Ruby Bullet, Red Sword, Sealed J-Sword, the black with dark grey trim Humar suit.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

PSO: Every tech was useful (except Gibarta, that always sucked)
    Tons of weapons, epic boss battles
    Good feel : P

Universe: Nifty technic effects, though everything else about technics was fail beyond reason

Was NOT a fan of the entire universe phase, though PSP2 and PSP2i did everything they could to make it decent (and it was decent/good).

What i truly miss from PSO:
    - Overall atmosphere
    - Interface and weapon switch palette. Those were flat-out perfect and easy to use, they're just so bad now.
    - Memorable music
    - Rare monsters. srsly.
    - Pioneer 2, each area having its own music
    - Static map layouts
    - Special attacks
    - Swords having a large AoE, Sabers and Handguns (gunslash does not count as a replacement)
    - That sound when your weapons whack a monster, feels like plastic in PSO2 and it annoys me to no end
    - Hunter actually being a fun class to play
    - Droppable mags, with colors independent of the costume
    - Not being limited to a class level
    - Small-sized lobby, without lag whatsoever
    - Rafoie visual. whoever designed it on PSO2 should be slapped in the face
    - Level/Class-based armors, units and shields. Our current rear/arm/legs/sub units system is complete crap, I despise it.
    - Symbol chat
    - Gogo ball lobby
    - Fluids. Give me my trifluids back.

PSU:
    - Rare monsters. srsly guise.
    - Block warp cubes all over the place
    - Shotguns and crossbows
    - Wands/Madoogs, would be a nice addition for us Forces

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

PSO: C-mode, Section ID's + Drops based on them, EP2 Areas, TrickTrack, Rati (best mag period, looks awesome in any color) Real Nei Claw (they better not make this a frigging Wired Lance...) and Rare mobs that give more exp and acctually drop unique rares and spawn more rare. The current "rare" rappies are shit
    PSU: Dagger of Serafi/Halp Serafi, Rare missons, PM to take with you in combat, liked it much more then Mags TBH.
    PSP2/i: Custom weapon types per class, rainbow rares with unique sounds (though I think they will return)

That's all for now
    Last edited by Ce'Nedra; Aug 16, 2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Added Rati

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

PSO:
    - C-mode
    - C-mode
    - C-mode
    - C-mode
    - Oh and c-mode. If PSO2 doesn't eventually get this then it'll be a failure in my eyes.
    - And like others have said a grinding system that isn't shit. Sure maybe PSOs grinding system was too easy, but PSO2s is just bullshit. If I wanted to gamble I'd go and do it.
    - Better quests such as Towards the Future and Endless Nightmare. Missions/quests in PSO2 haven't felt like anything special - yet. I'm hoping Sega will improve things here as the game gets more complete.
    - Soccer lobby? Haha not really.
    - Being able to equip ?SPECIAL WEAPONS? to see if they were worth tekking. Sure meseta was worthless in PSO so we would do it anyway, but it would be nice in PSO2 if after a big pile of mobs a special weapon dropped and it was possible to see if it was actually worth tekking.
    - Telepipes! I still find the telepipe system in PSO2 to be weird. Plus it was fun to pipe troll.
    - Rare mobs were something to care about. Rare Rappies in PSO2 don't seem very... rare. Seeing a Pal Rappy or a Red Slime was always a sort of big deal. Plus the several other types there were.
    - Being able to use a music disc mid-level and force everyone to listen to that NiGHTS song again!
    - Bosses that have phases. Not all of them had it but most of them did. Also extra phases for harder difficulties.

I could keep going here but I'll leave it at that I guess. Others have made good points too.

PSU:
    - Interesting class system.
    - Being able to level techs and abilities.

Not much else. PSU was a bit of a let down for me, compared to what I wanted anyway.

The rest:

I never got into the portable PS games much. I bought most of them but ehhh portable gaming doesn't do it for me.

Edit: I need to say C-Mode again. It was amazing. PSO2 simply NEEDS it.
    Last edited by Pointy Cat; Aug 16, 2012 at 05:14 AM.

PSO: Olga Flow and Dark Falz

'nough said

ALSO PSO: I miss how you could just go into Forest or Caves or w/e and just run around having fun and looking for rares that way. I don't really favor how easy it is to complete the Free Field missions. You don't really feel like you're exploring more like getting to the boss in 3 minutes and killing him in 2.

-How each block changed how the lobby looked, I thought that was really cool.
    Last edited by Deadleewar; Aug 16, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
    Hucast Kirito, Partizan user

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Olga Flow in Infinity was ok ish but not the same as in PSO.

As long we get no fish-style-Dark Falz like in PSU (which was basicly just a De Rol Le reskin) >_<

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

From PSO:
    -All content available, especially Lv200.
    -Rares actually findable.
    -Fixed map layouts for missions.
    -Challenge mode.
    -Great music.

From PSU:
    -Levelling up PAs instead of finding them.
    -Dozens of different lobbies.

From PSP2:
    -Nothing, game is an example of what not to do again.

I'm kinda surprised people miss leveling PAs. That was some seriously grindy shit in a game full of other grindy shit. Different tastes it seems.

PS Classic - Rune Walsh, different planets with towns (fixed somewhat by PSU), The Profound Darkness & Great Light (Light had an expy in Kumahn, possible expies in PSO2?), dual-wielding claws (very much fixed in PSO2)

PSO - Partisans (fixed by PSO2), dynamic music (fixed by PSO2), photon chairs, Fish Lobby 5, Unique special weapons (L&K38, Lavis, Excalibur, Pwand - some woud reappear but with only a PA boost), Unique game-changing units (Adept, V101, Smartlink, etc) and Gal da Val Island in general.

PSU - Beast race, the ABILITY (not the spamtastic method) to level PAs, Acro classes, Hybrid classes, Protranser, Costume Assembly, Hakuna Degahna, bragging rights partner cards from storymode (will probably show up in PSO2), Norio Wakamoto, Rie Tanaka

PSP - Acromaster, Super Protranser

PSZero - Gunblades (fixed for PSO2), Humilias, Usanny (lilipans are almost as cute)

PSP2/i - Cross-class customisations (may be fixed by subclassing somewhat), Duman race, Infinity blast, Shields, Blade Destruction, Reol Badia, Mount El-bals

I've probably forgotten some things, but oh well.