Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

PSO- I really liked the episode 2 lobby and the gal'deval island and the seabed
    Episode 3: Interface, Some of the music, Several unique stages, Lobby
    PSU - Beasts (see sig)
    PSP2 - the class customization. You could use whatever weapons you wanted with any class as long as you had the points to do it.

(forgot about ep3 and that i've played it.)
    Last edited by Skye-Fox713; Aug 16, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

PSO: ...Rose Confession, Burning Rangers
    PSU: The Cast parts. (Can I haz Gimnas? Please????), the fleshie Caseal parts, laser cannons, twin handguns, Guntecher, the rare rifle design, the sword design, Gudda Igga, more things that probably won't fit the character limit.
    PSZ: That grinding system. (+40? Hells yes!) RAcast. (No, really, gimme Sega. Now. )
    PSP Series: I keep hearing about this thing called extend codes. Can we haz, Sega? Also, I hear they had a sword and shield system? I'd like this too.

*Prepares the hate shield for not listing more PSO stuff.*
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

PSO
    Grinding System.
    Weapon Special Attacks
    Non mission-based areas.
    All of Episode II
    Challenge Mode
    A largely friendlier community.
    The Knack

Episode III
    So much pretty.

PSU/PSP
    Errr.....
    Uhhh.....
    Hummmm......
    Its non-addictive qualities!

PSZ
    The amount of character and identity everything in that game had, including character designs and area themes. The visuals on nearly every area in this game, even on a DS, manage to feel like they have more life than anything in PSO2's desolate and empty-feeling areas.

PSP2
    Even better grinding system!
    Class customization

All that said, I don't want PSO2 to become PSO1 with elements from that game being shoehorned in like they were in PSU.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

PSO: Not much at all honestly...I guess I missed weapons having different specials on them I suppose. Oh, and I guess the Mag level cap being 200 instead of 150 like it is now in PSO2. Challenge mode would also be a blast to come back as well (I played it on PSPo2, but I'm listing it here since PSO started it first even though I never played the mode itself).

PSU: I missed the large-scale events like Firebreak and lobbies.

PSPo2: Grinding system being 100% successful with money used. Class customizing. Shields. Blocking being for every class instead of just one.

PSO
    Unique races
    very dark & mysterious atmosphere (Ep1-2)
    non garbage cliche story(Ep1-2)
    rare weapons actually being unique and fun
    harder modes actually being hard your first time through
    scape dolls being drops
    not letting doo-doo troll my gear
    RAmar masks
    HUcast android ninja look
    RAmarl sideways pistol shots
    catchy music that i'd remember like mines, ruins, seabed, de rol le, falz, olga flow, both endings tracks
    force spell animations getting cooler looking as they level
    soul popped out when you died and was easier to find the dead player

PSU - Not a thing.

PSO
    Casts can't be poisoned or paralyzed
    Casts can see traps
    Spread Needle
    Frozen Shooter
    Olga Flow
    Getting one shotted by delbiter in ultimate
    Tech spamming
    RAmar masks (too lol)

PSU/Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Class Customization
    Grinding costing a lot of money instead of having a lot of luck
    tons and TONS of cool costumes
    armor effects
    Tons of weapon types (that I hope PSO2 will eventually have)
    Need a Ship 9 Friend? Just give me a ring!

PSO - Seabed, Chaos Bringers, weapon variety, units (Lol I want god/battle back or a unit with it attached in pso2), difficulty (Couldn't play it half asleep thats for sure), dumbass battle mode (Fun when bored), photon chairs, Challenge mode (or time attack or whatever)

PSU - Cast Supremacy, SUVs, Axes, Axe Jabroni PA, leveling pas, hive area, har/quick, units, difficulty, fleshies were able to mix and match clothing, beasts, Hyuga, completing a mission, swimsuits, speedo, speed runs, forces not being boring using rafoie 24/7, forces being useful for support (I was kick ass in this department, so much so, noone used mates), classes, whips, diga techs, Raffon Meadow, psycho wand, big racial stat differences, rares being worth a damn, dumb burning hearts song + event mission, Maximum attack event or whatever

PSO2 bring back axe + suv for cast so I can see parties say "Cast onry" and its good :P. Oh and tons of chaos bringers.

Didnt play the other ones that were on handhelds. Just all the ones before it.

PSO:
    -Episode IV Crater and Underground Desert
    -Episode II VR Temple,Spaceship,CCA and Seabed
    -Episode I Mines, Ruins
    -All the bosses
    -HUcaseal Design
    -Pioneer 2
    -Lab Area
    -Weapon Variety
    -Memorable Music
    -Interface
    -All kinds of quests with or without monsters
    -Event & Holiday quests
    -Interconnected Ships
    -Word Select

Episode 3:

-Interface Design
    -Music Style
    -Stage Design
    -Lobby Design
    -Morgue Design

PSU:

-A real musical main theme with singers
    -More dynamic story mode with plenty of action and variety of events (Original Story)
    -A Story mode cast like original PSU (Ethan,Karen,Magashi....)
    -Cinemas everywhere
    -Planet Intermission Lobbies

The one thing i really miss about PSO is the colorful enemies and environments.

The forest is ok and probably has the best color variety in the game which is sad since its the first area. After that it goes way down hill.

PSO2:Caves: So here we got a lava map so yeah ok ofc there will be red. But all the ground the walls and everything is somewhere between red and black and mostly all rock. Then you get to the enemies and oh what a surprise ever single one of them is red. The closest thing to a non red color in the enemies here are the ranger and force dinians which have a *TINY* bit of blue and green in them but even those colors have a redish tone to them. Then there is the darkers but those are in every single map and all have the EXACT same color scheme. /rage

PSO:Caves: Ok so we got some lava here too but then you get to 2nd floor and whats this? OMG water and shades of blue and even a rainbow in that one room. Then floor 3 changes it up again and adds some more odd colors here and there. Then the enemies oh god. We got green, purple, and yellowish browns in just the evil shark family alone. Then you got blue slimes and the occasional rare red one. Then you got the clean whites from the lilies and nice muddy blues from the nanodragons. The grass assassins had a nice bright green to them. Then there is the pan arms which was a beautiful combination of both red and blue.

I could go on like this for every map but that would take to long. Mines was another huge disappointment when i saw the signo enemies. I was hoping for a nice bright blue or red like in PSO but ofc that wasn't going to happen.

I liked being able to identify my enemies solely on what color they were cause they were all unique and stood out and I just really really miss the colors.

Definitely the biggest flaw in the entire game to me. I think everything else works out pretty well even the grinding system and whatnot. And I could say plenty more about the color issues but I'm too tired to bother so I will just end it here.

Technically talking, all the enemies being red and black in the caves, blue on sky islands or brownish in the mines makes more sense than having all flower power rainbow max in every area.

Robots are camouflated in the mines and the desert. Creatures adapr their color to the environment to sneak and/or hunt. For me PSO's colorful world made much less sense.

About the areas, think that every planet has already two different environments, and we're still on the first months. that's pretty much the same. ok, you're not doing them all in the SAME mission, but that's being a bit picky.