Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Do you think they'll change their pricing model for NA?

Just wondering if anyone else thinks this would be smart for SEGA to reconsider?

This is mostly just wishful thinking but most games in NA have a subscription fee of $10-$15 (if they have one at all). And I understand that PSO2 is "free" to play, but premium, is basically a subscription, and I don't know how many NA players would be willing to drop $19 a month and still not have access to every feature of the game.

I know back in the day PSOI&II had an "expensive" sub fee compared to existing games at the time, but this just seems like too much.
    Images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height. The image in your signature was 267 pixels tall.

The Two-Tailed Fox boy Fox2Tails's Avatar

I hope they charge on the NA version but keep it free for EU players

Credit to MissMalice

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by P4Kman View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else thinks this would be smart for SEGA to reconsider?

This is mostly just wishful thinking but most games in NA have a subscription fee of $10-$15 (if they have one at all). And I understand that PSO2 is "free" to play, but premium, is basically a subscription, and I don't know how many NA players would be willing to drop $19 a month and still not have access to every feature of the game.

I know back in the day PSOI&II had an "expensive" sub fee compared to existing games at the time, but this just seems like too much.
    The only thing that will be adjusted is NA/EU players won't be taken advantage of for not having Japanese credit cards and be price gouged anymore. We will however be charged whatever the current exchange rate is compared to the Yen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox2Tails View Post
    Wow I'm almost speechless. You would group hundreds or Thousands of people together for something a handful of people are doing. I'm black and I know bigotry when I see it.
    Last edited by moorebounce; Aug 18, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Fox2Tails View Post
    It's not "free" though, sure you can play free, if you don't want to trade or sell items or have extra storage, or extra characters. It's sick how people think oh free2play means I don't have to spend a dime, when they normally end up spending more.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    Wow I'm almost speechless. You would group hundreds or Thousands of people together for something a handful of people are doing. I'm black and I know bigotry when I see it.
    uh...What?
    Images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height. The image in your signature was 267 pixels tall.

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    Cosign.

I doubt they'll change the pricing, but it's up to Sega of America.
    Very few MMORPG are still charging monthly fee, as it's pretty much cash shop based now.
    And it's also that way for cellphone and tablet game too.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I've a feeling we'll see a dip in subscription price, personally.

While I'd be willing to pay the current prices, I don't think a lot of American customers would be. I suspect the Premium service will fall somewhere into the same range as most MMO's in the US market ($14-$15/month).

I don't know how MMO's are priced in Europe, but I'd guess PSO2 will be in the same range there, as well.

In the US, at least, I don't see a price drop in the future considering the dollar is worth less than yen, that's just asking to lose profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbinder View Post
    In the US, at least, I don't see a price drop in the future considering the dollar is worth less than yen, that's just asking to lose profit.
    Where are you getting your facts? The US Dollar isn't as strong as it used to be, but it is not worth less than yen.

Currently:
    1 US Dollar = 79.42 Yen