Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Historia

Majora's Mask was my favorite too, one of my favorite games ever, for me it goes: MM, Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time (and I still absolutely adore Ocarina), and I can't stand Skyward Sword. Though I have a friend who just played through Ocarina for the first time ever, and talking with him about it has been a blast, it's quite a nostalgia trip

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Majoa's Mask > Twilight Princess > Skyward Sword > Ocarina of Time > Link to the Past > Mimish Cap > Wind Waker > Fourswords Adventure > Oracle of Ages > Oracle of Seasons > Links Awakening > The Legend of Zelda > Phantom Hourglass > Links Adventure.

That's my order kinda. Going from how much fun I had with the game and not how "good" it is. Never bothered with Spirit Tracks after the horrible Phantom Hourglass (never beat it either) and haven't beaten Link's Adventure either, that game is way to annoying. Did I miss any Zelda, not counting these on the Philips whatever that failure of a systen was?

Got a friend of mine whos going through his very first Zelda ever and I gave him Twilight Princess, he just got to the first dungeon and got annoyed by the puzzles up till now, not knowing this is only the begining
    Last edited by Ce'Nedra; Sep 3, 2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Added Mimish cap to my list

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Interesting piece of work, might have to snatch one
    Now that's a 'Biggin :B!

I'll probably get it.

My favorite game will always be Link's Awakening. If they were to re-make sequel/prequel that game, I'd freak out. I think it has the best story potential of any Zelda game in the series.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

FOODFOOD you know that there is a DX version of that game that add's like two more level's/gear...etc. and it's in color on top of that. But the best you could do is get a GB SP and pop it in or get a ROM of it on a PC.

I am quite surprised the amount of people who prefer Majora's over OoT. I am of the same opinion. I particularly enjoyed how every map was used to it's fullest and was constnatly challenged on the way to the dungeon and not just in the dungeon. Where as besides some very brief side dungeons in OoT a lot of it was like a sight seeing tour of the landscape.

SKyward sword is something I enjoyed but I can understand why people don't like it. It did a lot of new things for the series which I am glad they introduced.. However a lot of the standing staples of the series were lacking in it. Felt really poorly done for zelda. If it was a completely different title name it probably would of been better received.

My biggest complaint for the game besides a support character that was strangable. Was the lack of variety of areas and the fact they got a little to OMG LOOK YOU CAN CONTROL THE SWORDS DIRECTIONAL SWING WE MUST MAKE ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ENEMY IN THE GAME REQUIRE A DIRECTIONAL KILL! Made for a massive lack of variety in enemies to kill.

I am curious to this book might pick it up.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

MM just had a certain atmosphere about it that makes it so awesome...the fact that you race against time (and the moon) puts some pressure on you, specially when you don't kow about the Invert Song of Time yet (like me, I didn't knew about it till after I beat the game for the first time and looked through a guide for sidequests on my 2nd playthrough)

It plays much more with your emotions then OoT does, take for example that little girl in the music box house with her dad mummy in the basement where you need to play Song of Healing to get the mask. Stuff like that makes the game feel more...human?

My only downpoint to MM was that it only had 4 dungeons, but getting in said dungeons is a achievment on itsels kinda. Like trying to get in the Great Bay temple you need to collect these Zora Eggs.

I think I could go on hours how amazing MM is xD

As for Skyward Sword, I enjoyed it alot myself, specially how you need to hit things in a certain way to damage it at all. The story itself is also nice. The game was to me at least much harder. Normally on every Zelda I played I only die once or twice...on SS I die like 20 times if not more because the game is much harder to play with the precise hitting with your sword. I also loved it when the Forest gets flooded or you have to sneak arround in the mountain to get your equipment back.

My biggest complaing for the game is Fi and that you don't really have much to explore in the Sky. Heck Wind Waker's open sea was even better then this limited Sky. Also warp points when you dive into Hyrule...really? Also the Dungeons seemed rather small, they only got like 5-6 rooms max. That's not really a dungeon to me. Aside that its a great game I enjoyed playing, but I'm not sure I will play it a second time anytime soon.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    FOODFOOD you know that there is a DX version of that game that add's like two more level's/gear...etc. and it's in color on top of that. But the best you could do is get a GB SP and pop it in or get a ROM of it on a PC.
    Oh yes, fully aware. Personally, I think it makes the game too easy having lvl2 Sword plus red clothes by the 5th dungeon, but maybe that's just me. 4x damage for over half the game? Yes please. They should have made some seashells harder to get or require the upgraded bracelet to get finish the bonus dungeon or something.
    Last edited by FOODFOOD; Sep 4, 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

I totally agree, Link's Awakening was game breaking in a lot of department's. I believe it's still the only Zelda with a Normal Jump action that can be combo'd with other item's......Unless there is another game that does this I haven't seen it, And not talking about running to a ledge and jumping. Another one is the under water battle with a boss there hasn't been another battle like this at all. There been water to your knee's in a boss fight like in OoT, but a full under water fight?

And the fact that the newer games going away form core basic's which they need to keep. Maybe add the pos. idea's and add them in to the core basic's without over shadowing them.

One thing I thought was cool but was useless was the Horse. Other then a few times you used it there was no purpose for it, was just story filler. The Fact of Link riding something (horses,birds,boats...etc) just felt off really and boring. TP was ironic with it and had the imp ride you in wolf form. Now that form was more fun not just you could attack as a wolf but also run faster....Almost at the same speed as the horse with out the gimpyness of it. But really tho the Pegasus Boot's were and are much more useful then those two are and had more of a core feel to them .

We should make another thread on equipment and gear that should be in a Core Zelda game. And taking any Pos. Modification's or additions to the item's from all the game's and come up with a better version of the item which also fit's into the core basic's. Thoughts on this idea?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

minish cap had jump -> glide jump sword attacks D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.