Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Standing snipe

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    I don't think the new RA/gunner sub-class will necessarily be stronger than the current Ranger class. After all, apparently the sub-class will sacrifice the availability of the launcher for twin Mechas, and the Twin Mechas will have to be pretty damn good to replace the launchers.
    considering how little i use the launcher as it is+^_^+ i won't have too big of an issue+^_^+ (i don't use the launcher not because i don't like it, it's just that every-time i use it, i get hit because i can't move or roll when i need to, also, my DPS on individual enemies is higher with my rifle)+^_^+

My build has both weak hit advances maxed and standing snipe maxed
    The change in damage dealt when standing still is closer to 25% though (in my overall experience of it), because it modifies your damage before reducing it by enemy defense

However, I still have the habit of hopping before shooting in quick battles, but I wouldn't need the extra damage in those cases anyway
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Keep in mind you're still a low level. If you're worried about percentage boosts, keep in mind that you'll probably have about 400 attack without a weapon, and 800 with. You'll gain +50 Ratk from each +Ratk, which will allow you to equip weapons ten levels lower (I think?), while still provide a 12% boost in your unarmed attack power (6% with a weapon).

So, would you rather have better equipment, and have a 6% boost at all times? Or a 15% boost only when going on the offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by doomdragon83 View Post
    Standing Snipe imo isn't worth it.

Sure you get a percentage based increase but according to the skill calculator, at level 10, you get an extra 15% which to me doesn't sound like much of a boost. Not only that, you must stand still and shoot, not a good thing since you want to be on the move; even if you have a launcher you want to be able to evade attacks in a moments notice plus it's easier to jump shoot with the launcher (fire a bit faster/standing animation is slow).

Taking that into consideration, there will hardly be times where you can just stay afar and shoot. If anything, it's better to spend those skill points on something like Weak Hit Advance. It boosts damage to weak areas by 25% and there are 2 WHA on the Ranger tree so that's a max of +50% damage which is great especially since you'd want to aim for those areas anyway.

I would assume SS works with ARs, Launchers and Gunslashes but so does WHA. As for SS being better than R-ATK up, my opinion on this is no, then again, R-ATK up is a static boost of 50 (no percent, just 50) at max level plus another R-ATK up for a total of 100 R-ATK so get it if you feel like it.

With all of that said, I guess it depends on your play style but for myself, I wouldn't be able to use SS enough to justify putting any points into it. If anyone can argue in favor of SS, I'm all ears.
    I lol'd at "15% isn't much for 10 points". You might want to have a word or two with hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    I lol'd at "15% isn't much for 10 points". You might want to have a word or two with hunters.
    I'm not talking about Hunters, nor is this thread about Hunter skills. I haven't really gotten into playing as the other 2 classes much so I wouldn't even know what to do with them skill-wise.

I still think that investing points into the WHAs is the better option.

standing snipe lets u get those big ass numbers. ur base dmg gets multiplied by the headshot weakpoint damage, then again by putting applying weakpoint to the dome. and then again by standing snipe. keep in mind this dude has like +10 tigredor and stuff.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

standing snipe is well worth it for rifles don't listen to anyone else who says otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    standing snipe is well worth it for rifles don't listen to anyone else who says otherwise
    I don't say it's worth it.. But what do I know 0.o
    Last edited by iTz PooKiie xx; Aug 23, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
    TA vids coming soonsies

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iTz PooKiie xx View Post
    I don't say it's worth it.. But what do I know 0.o
    I will make dogs eat you where you stand dawg