Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by LordChampion View Post
    Balance what, though? A character's ability to tear-ass around space? Everyone's lookin like they've got that packed in tight.
    Certainly you didn't play PSU, or you played as the typical overpowered class and didn't care about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    Certainly you didn't play PSU, or you played as the typical overpowered class and didn't care about the rest.
    I see where you are coming from. But I dont see a reason why you wouldn't just keep the main's stats and get weps/skills/PAs from your sub. Granted some player may want some sub stat changes, so Im just gonna say lets wait for info till we draw conclusions.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, of course more means of customization are the better way. I would love to play the most possible balanced hybrid between Hunter and Force on my newearl, so if that was the case I'd go Hunter as main and Force as sub to get a bit better melee bonuses to balance my tech proficiency.

It's just that I'm still a bit wary of how could this end if they mess it even slighty, and in PSU we have a good example of "what-not-to-do".

Honestly, even if I just stated my preferences, I'd rather have 15 combinations, where main and sub were equal, and let the player "fix" the gap. In this game we have the mag and many skills to modify our own stats to a certain degree anyways.

It's down to what you prefer, tankier or more defensive.

Those stats on the extra fifteen examples are already covered in the mag's stats, if a person was so inclined to fill the gap in such a way.

I really don't see what the big deal is. The option overload in PSU was having way too many main choices. Here you don't have that, you have 6 mains to choose from and then 5 subs, since you can't pick your main. That's broken down into 3 real choices, with two different takes. Like up close, physical stuff? Fighter or hunter is great for you. Want tanky, or light and fast? For your secondary abilities do you want more physical stuff, a couple guns, or do you want to support the team (and yourself) with techs?

Really, I'm not seeing how this is bad or even half the mess PSU was. With all of these being individually balanced, having 5% more or 5% less this or that is actually a good thing. Some players will want fighter weaponry with more s-def. Some players will want hunter weaponry with more s-atk. No artificial, seemingly nonsensical limitations on being unable to use this sword but being able to use that worse performing sword. The weapon ranking system in PSU was just beyond dumb.

i wonder. if i go techer-fighter

i'll only have to level techer right? or ill need to level fighter aswell?

will the subclass itself have a level?
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jonth View Post
    It all depends on your play-style. If you prefer to stick with partisan, you could sub in force and not only get a regenerating heal, you would get shifta and deband (support abilities that increase attack and defense respectively).

I, however, will probably go with something like Techer/Hunter. That way, I can melee and tech with my wand, and have guard stance that significantly increases my S-Def but doesn't hurt my most important offensive stat, T-ATK (Guard stance only lowers S-ATK and R-ATK).

It depends though. If Techers can already hold their own on the front lines (meaning they don't die it two hits from the bigger boss monsters), I might just sub in Force for the extra offensive capabilities from the Force tree.
    they need to be able to counter attack hits. Then they would be killed if they screw up maybe 4 times?
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!