Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Let me take a whack at this...

"I'm happy to see the western version being spoken of in high regard as opposed to the way it's usually spoken of here at PSO-World.

I'm sure that by the time it's released overseas there will be content all the way up to fighting Dark Falz. After that, I'm sure we'll still get an influx of new content like weapons and units.

As for all the egotistical whiners here at PSO-World and other gaming communities, feel free to break the ToS and continue to play on the Japanese servers just so that you can have content before the rest of us who will play the localized version, and good luck having to deal with the frustrations of updating your mods (English patch) every time they patch the game."
    Thank you for this translation. I want the NA/EU version to do well, I really do. I just don't have all that much confidence in SoA. I expected it to do fairly well at PAX because the game is good, the only thing changing would be in being in different languages. Just need SoA to maintain the game better then they have in the past and things will be fine.

Concerning the English patch, you can just re-install it after a new content patch and it works fine. That takes all of 5 mins at most.
    Tangerine 2.0 - level 70 FO/TE-caseal
    Cherry - level 60 FI/HU-newreal
    Grape - level 50 RA/BR deuwm
    Ship 10

Great little positive first impression article.
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:

"I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."

*sigh*
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

I just hope they keep the NA version at least kinda up to date with the JP version. Nothing kills a game faster than knowing about all the neat weapons and maps that you'll probably never get to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    As for all the egotistical whiners here at PSO-World and other gaming communities, feel free to break the ToS and continue to play on the Japanese servers just so that you can have content before the rest of us who will play the localized version, and good luck having to deal with the frustrations of updating your mods (English patch) every time they patch the game."
    So basically.. he called us egotistical whiners, while whining in an egotistical fashion?

And man, it suuure is difficult to drag a file into a folder >_> so frusterating.

Anyone else find it kind of funny that they put people who have never played the game before against Vol? He's one of the harder bosses in the game.

Since this is a demo, they were most likely preparing your characters/enemies in a way so you can easily beat the demo.

Good to hear that it has been well received. I'll be playing on iPSO2 casually and I'll be happy if it's successful overseas.

The patch isn't needed, you make it sound like it's a necessity to even get started.

It may have come off bit harsh, and I don't know if you intended that, but it can discourage some people from trying to break the language barrier.

Besides, there's already enough rage fuel to go around, no need to get it blazing again.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I don't care if the update on NA/EU servers take long. I just don't want them doing away with content that's released from the JP servers just because they're afraid it'll "hurt their local sensibilities".

If they (SoA) can assure me that they won't gut it they way they did the other Phantasy Star titles when it comes over to their side, then I'd be happy to support them.

I'm not going to support something diminished if I still have a choice in the matter.

It's going to be a wait-and-see kind of thing.
    "Become the change that you wish for in this world!"

Quote Originally Posted by luca_maygrinn View Post
    I don't care if the update on NA/EU servers take long. I just don't want them doing away with content that's released from the JP servers just because they're afraid it'll "hurt their local sensibilities".

If they (SoA) can assure me that they won't gut it they way they did the other Phantasy Star titles when it comes over to their side, then I'd be happy to support them.

I'm not going to support something diminished if I still have a choice in the matter.

It's going to be a wait-and-see kind of thing.
    Then you may not like the most likely skimping of some collaboration material, like Hatsune Miku.

Otherwise, general content should be transferred over just fine.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Looks like the PAX demo was an English version of the PSO2 demo from last year's TGS.